SM420 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

73lndcrsr

SILVER Star
Threads
I found a SM420 for my conversion. It came out of a 1961 2 ton delivery truck. The codes on the side equate to a manufacture date of March 3 1974. I thought they were not made after 1967. Am I missing something?

Brad

I found a SM420 for my conversion.  It came out of a 1961 2 ton delivery truck.  The codes on the side equate to a manufacture date of March 3 1974.  I thought they were not made after 1967.  Am I missing something?

Brad

What are the codes? Pictures?

Quiz, what does this one come out to? 8)

I can't read the top set of numbers. The letter will correspond to the month and the others will be day and year.

Mine is stamped C274

I can't read the top set of numbers.  The letter will correspond to the month and the others will be day and year.

Mine is stamped C274

C55

I can't read the top set of numbers.  The letter will correspond to the month and the others will be day and year

Mine is stamped C274

Yep, you got it right, but the letter is C for March, where do you get March 3rd from?  Try March 27, 1954.  Mine is March 5, 1955 for C55.  The first lnumber of the year was left off, I think, until 57.

Example, I think C57 would be March 5, '47, and C557 would be MArch 5, '57.

Thanks for setting me straight.  I did find a cool site for the SM transmissions.

http://www.dandltransmission.com/muncie.html

The prices seem to be decent.

I'm not sure of individual part #s for SM420 stuff, but it doesn't look like anything for an SM420 in there. Certainly the diagrams are not SM420s. If you're looking to rebuild your SM420, check Charlie's write up in the Tech Links. I went them as welll, about $130 for the rebuild kit, everything you need is in it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom