SM420 three speed transfer case linkage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been searching for a while and found some info but not much. Does anyone have a picture and a brief discription on how you made the three speed transfer linkage work with an SM420 tranny conversion, Thanks in advance, Larry

What did you start with and what have you done?

What kind of transfer shifter? Floor? Vacuum?

What kind of SM420 adapter? Did it rotate the tcase? How far back did it move the tcase?

I am using an extreem bends adapter, and I'll be using the transfer case out of my 73 FJ40 with the mechanical linkage, I think extreem bends rotates the case down slightly, the tranny is ready and I'll pull the three speed and the f-engine. I have a rebuilt 2F and I'll be rebuilding the transfer and putting the SM420 and the stock transfer behind it should move it back from where it is now a coupla of inches I suspect, I'll look at post 19, thanks, Larry

Steve, I really like the way you had the twin stick setup with the 420, it dosen't look that bad to do, I think I will give it a go, thanks again, Larry

This is what the one looks like on the rig I just got

Twinstick

SM420 and 4speed transfer
Dave 009 (Small).jpg

IMG_8310.jpg

Uses all the original linkage. I just cut the 2wd/4wd arm off and cut a new arm. you wouldn't have to space it out as far as I did from the tranny if you bend the arm. Then I just cut the middle bracket and welded it on top. Shift better than when I bought it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom