Slow Start on Cold Engine Worse with Ambient Heat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wonder if your cold start injector is firing on hot days as well as cold.

my understanding is it should always fire when the engine is cold/below a certain coolant temperature.
Not just for cold ambient temperatures.

When the engine is hot and has trouble starting you could try disconnecting the cold start injector to see if it starts any better. Could be that the injector is running when not needed. Its probably not the issue but its easy to try

When the engine is hot and has trouble starting you could try disconnecting the cold start injector to see if it starts any better. Could be that the injector is running when not needed. Its probably not the issue but its easy to try

mine fires up instantly when hot, no issues.

Oh. Thought you were saying it starts poorly when the engine is cold but it’s hot outside.

Oh. Thought you were saying it starts poorly when the engine is cold but it’s hot outside.

that’s right but in your last post you said ‘when the engine is hot and has trouble starting’.

The truck has trouble starting when the engine is cold/has been sitting for several hours or longer. It’s noticeably worse when the air temperature is above 90 degrees.

thanks for all your help by the way. It’s definitely given me a for more things to check.

that’s right but in your last post you said ‘when the engine is hot and has trouble starting’.

The truck has trouble starting when the engine is cold/has been sitting for several hours or longer. It’s noticeably worse when the air temperature is above 90 degrees.

thanks for all your help by the way. It’s definitely given me a for more things to check.

Sorry...words. Was trying to imply that if the engine is hot because the weather is hot...you might try unplugging the cold start injector and see if the starting changes as all. A quick test to rule out a simple component.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom