Builds SLOW 71 (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You got both inner quarters full already
Pretty much, battery maintainer and a ton of wiring gismos. Maybe one of those new Battle Born batteries that are slim line?, north of $2,000 though.

Bob, I can't put nothing on the roof, that's where I sun bath. :moon:

Not sure how many AH you are going for, but you can buy the small 5 or 10AH battery and do an array. Sometimes you can fit them in unconventional areas because they are a little more fluid. Another bonus, is if 1 goes bad, you aren't buying a whole new battery.

Not sure how many AH you are going for, but you can buy the small 5 or 10AH battery and do an array. Sometimes you can fit them in unconventional areas because they are a little more fluid. Another bonus, is if 1 goes bad, you aren't buying a whole new battery.
Lots of options if a guy wanted to put cells behind the cargo panels..

If I know scrapps he's looking to buy an all in one unit and not build his own, you know because "technology and stuff"

I know a few of the guys have made their own battery banks, but I'm not up to speed on all the dos and don'ts of putting it all together. The battery I bought is a 100ah, so not huge, but more than enough for the frig. I've been reading and learning about solar power for the farm and it's starting to get easier to understand.

If I know scrapps he's looking to buy an all in one unit and not build his own, you know because "technology and stuff"
The tech guy at Battle Born wanted me to program the charge controller with my smart phone.....:) that didn't happen, he did it for me. Great tech support!

Today's attempt at making a battery stand over the compressor. I haven't received the battery yet, so going from the website's measurements hoping I got it right. The mounting still needs to be made and some electrics need to be moved, but making headway.

IMG_4539.JPG

Here you can see where the battery will sit, still need to think up a battery hold down.

IMG_4538.JPG

EDIT...That sheet metal is 10 gauge, so I think heavy enough and 1/8" angle for the battery tray.

Yeah, I don't think it will be all that heavy. I'll weigh the stand tomorrow, but I bet @15 pounds and the battery is 31 pounds. What's a agm battery that size weigh, I'm thinking a bit more. Maybe I should make it a dually. :)

EDIT...My spelling sucks!

Last edited:
I am surprised it even weighs 31 pounds. That is about the weight of an optima. We used to use optima batteries for our bases, but started buying Lifepo4 setups that last longer and will recharge more times. The crews also like that they don't break their back lugging them around. I think they weigh about as much as a gallon of milk.

I had to go back and check their website...31 pounds, it does sound heavy. I was told the battery would be here today, but got a notice from FedEx that the seller requested a return. 🤷‍♂️ Never had that happen before, a phone call tomorrow is in order.

I just found out what happened. They forgot to program the charge controller for me and called it back. It's on the way again, so no problems I've got plenty more to do anyway.

Wait a minute! Need a pic of that battle cage you built on the rear cargo window!
Please

Have you ever thought about those onboard vwelders?

Woops, Just found it.

How could I have missed so much going on!

Yes, lovely. That's a cool project beyond just a mounting frame!

I have just been reviewing some of your old pages. Found another Gem! I had been talking to Rush55 about the rubber strip on the top of the dog house. He found it or had it to share, but its funny there it is in your thread.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom