For Sale Slovakia: 1990(?) BJ75 Pickup 92k miles, Cable diff locks, PTO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not mine, no affiliation, etc. etc.

I sometimes see trucks for sale overseas that are interesting enough to post here, and this might be such a truck. Appears to be a late 1989 (or early 1990?) BJ75 pickup with surprisingly low original mileage--shows 148,000km, or just about 92,000 miles. Has cable actuated locking differentials front and rear and an OEM PTO winch. Some rust is evident on the front fender, but the undercarriage and the rest of the body look surprisingly good. Motor appears to be a 3BII. Seller says it has a 4-speed, but I think it should have an H55 5-speed, so inquiries would need to be made about that.

The seller is aksing 13600 Euro, which is about US$16,000 right now. The ad is here:

Some photos for posterity:

1.jpg
8.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
9.jpg

Everything you need to know about importing a truck from Europe is here:

Everything you need to know about importing a truck from Europe is here:

So please don't take offense to my honest question that follows as I know next to nothing about importing or 70 series land cruisers.

Haven't you done quite a bit of importing? You are obviously plugged in to the listings in that part of the world, but why wouldn't you just import something like this yourself? Is there something that didn't do it for you with this one or is there some other reason?

No offense taken at all, it's a legitimate question and one that I get a lot.

Yes, I've imported several cars from Europe, some for myself, some only for parts, and some to sell. What I've discovered is that for most cars, the hassle and expense to import them isn't worth trouble involved. The exceptions would be: A. it's a car that I really, really want for myself and I don't care if I get in a little too deep financially, or B. it's a really, really nice example at what I judge to be a below market price and I think there's a market for it in the US, or maybe C. it's got some equipment or parts on it that I can't source otherwise and want for another car.

Most of the Landcruisers for sale overseas are old, beat, and rusty by the time they get to be 25 years old, same as most old Landcruisers are here. The only ones that stand out to me now are those that are super clean or uniquely equipped, or both. There are guys that import cars and can turn beaters into beauties, but I don't have the facilities nor the inclination at this point.

This one is interesting to me, but I just got out of a 3B powered Troopy and am moving in a different direction, Landcruiser-wise. I just wired off a pile of money for something that falls into the "don't care if it's too expensive" category. If this truck had shown up a month or two ago, I might have pulled the trigger on it just to have it for a while and play around with it. For slow speed driving, on or off road, runs to the hardware store or down a forest service road, this thing would be a blast. I love the patina--wouldn't touch it. I'd fix any mechanical stuff, then just enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom