sloshing noise, trapped water? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

It has been raining on and off for the past week, and I have been noticing a sloshing noise coming from inside the truck somewhere, and have not seen any posts about this before. Only when starting from a stop, or just before fully stopping do I hear it. It sounds like there is some water trapped somewhere. I also went wheeling with my son a couple of weeks ago, where we did a few water crossings. Does anyone have an idea where this water could be trapped? Any thoughts or help would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Joel

roof from clogged sunroof drain? I havnt experienced this, but have seena few posts about it...might be worth a quick search to see if the symptoms match yours...

Most likely you have water trapped in the rocker panel. There are actually small drain hole at each end of the rocker panel. Try to use a very small flat head screwdriver to clear out the clog, then the water will drain out like no tomorrow :)

Yep, pretty spot on, Ranma. Thanks for the tips, guys! However, I have pushed the rubber plug back up in the rocker panel...:crybaby: Anyway, now it will drain every time there is water in there!! Hopefully I dont rust from the inside out...

Cheers,

Joel

Check the trim on your sliding windows...it often comes in there

Yep, pretty spot on, Ranma. Thanks for the tips, guys! However, I have pushed the rubber plug back up in the rocker panel...:crybaby: Anyway, now it will drain every time there is water in there!! Hopefully I dont rust from the inside out...

Cheers,

Joel

There are slots in the panel to remove the water without removing the plugs. A zip tie is the best way to clean them out. Search is your friend - there is a picture somewhere on the site of this.

I had the same problem. There are these rubber plugs underneath the truck, exactly under the door jambs. Remove them.:D
Hole copy.jpg

Cheers,

Joel

Hmm, I should have made myself clear, actually you do not have to remove those plug. There is actually 2 flat tiny drain hole at both end of the rocker panel right on the pinch weld. Just like SeanAndHis80 mentioned the zip tie should the trick, I used tiny flat head screw driver last time. Zip tie is better.

Lim

To drain the water quickly, remove the rubber plugs in the rocker panel. Long term solution is to find those pinch weld slits and clean them out as suggested with a zip tie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom