slipplate or slinky strips or ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.sneech.com
I tried a search on slipplate and didn't get anything. Who has tried putting slipplate on their springs and how well does it work? Where can you get the stuff?

Has anyone tried the slinky strips that JToutfitters sells? Are they teflon or UHMW or ??? ? Do they have adhesive on one side or do they just 'float' in between the leaves?

I'm just trying to improve the ride on my FJ62. It has stock worn out springs and a SOA. Ride is harsh. I'm going to try swapping my RS5000's for some RS9000's and see if that helps first. Anyone have any other tips?

Thanks

never tried Slip plate on springs but its good stuff...............big help right? :)

You can get slipplate at a John Deere dealership. I tried it on my springs and it worked good, but I have alot of spring tip pressure (el-cheapo springs) and it wore off quick. On a set of high quality springs it might last alot longer. I ended up spraying my springs down with kroil, seems to last alot longer in my situation.

I agree with Folsom, My ride sat for two years and when I first got it "roadable" the axles felt like they were welded solid to the frame. Kept spraying a variety of sh!t on them , PB Blaster, WD40, Liquid Wrench, etc. The ride has improoved with driving....or else I've gotten more used to it! If I ever took my springpacks apart, I do think I would reassemble with the slippery teflon, HDPE, HMWBullsh!t stuff. Can't hurt? eh?
Ed

I, and a few other FJ's that I wheel with, have the slinky strips installed in the spring packs. They are smoth on both sides, but do have an annoying tenedncy to fan out at the ends if you don't have spring clamps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom