Slinky / 4XOverland Announcement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Road Apple

SILVER Star
Threads
Mill Creek Overland lost their dealership rights for Slinky and Blackhawk parts. Might be some good deals on the remainder of their stock? Guesses who the next Slinky dealer will be?

“Confirmation of Withdrawal of Dealer Program / New distributor required.

With regret we confirm that Mill Creek LLC [Mill Creek Overland or Mill Creek Automotive] Has been withdrawn from the USA dealer program. As many will be aware, getting orders on the shelf to have stock to sell had been a problem in the USA with no orders placed since Feb 2020 to forfill the required level of stock, or match the sales inquiries. This has seen the sales revenue drop to less than a third of the sales growth amount and inquiry that was available.

So that we can control the support and quality of the product being sold to customers, there has been a legal requirement that Mill Creek or its subsidiaries cannot sell product they are not a dealer for, so any sale of what little stock is available has to be private label, no stickers, no branding, none of our packaging so customers understand they are buying a product not supported by the manufacturer, without the data from sales to ensure the customers are logged for warranty to be tracked. If you are offered slinky or Blackhawk product any time in Feb 2021 we ask you to contact us directly to ensure it is legitimate product, properly supported by the manufacturer by emailing us directly at darren@4wpgroup.com.au

Last edited:
Interesting...I just contacted them two days ago and asked about their next shipment. They stated they had a shipment due in March but had no idea what was in it and to check their social media for best updates. They certainly don’t have any 80 slinky kits available at the moment. Hopefully someone else becomes a dealer but I’m doubtful.

If you order anything from 4xo, I would definitely contact them directly first. I ordered a set of upper and lower rear control arms from the 4xousa website in early January. After not hearing anything for a while, I sent a request in for a status update. Then I found out about all of this jazz between them and Mill creek overland. The lowers turned out to not be in stock. I canceled my order and waited for a refund. There was a lot of finger pointing and emails back and forth between all parties, and nobody seemed to be owning up to who was going to give me the refund. Mill Creek contacted me via phone a few times, and 4xo said that they were going to call me, but never did. Just yesterday, I received an email notification from 4xo that my order status had changed to "refunded". I still have yet to see it show up as a credit on my card. Hopefully in the next couple of days.

Last edited:
i am sure the slinky stuff is great but for what it cost i just couldnt bite not to mention getting a kit has been difficult for a friend that wanted to go that route. i have run about everything out there short of toughdog and have been SUPER happy with the dobinson flexi coils. i went with rancho shocks since i was in a bind but the dobinson shocks have been good on other truck of mine. the OME shocks are about the worst i have ever run, way too firm.

for those looking for a good lift i highly recommend they look into the dobinson flexi setup. i like the 4" front 3" rear combo if you arent too heavy or the 4/4 if you do ride with a storage box and tons of stuff.

i have armor front and rear plus a storage box so i went 3/4 and used spacers in the front to get it level. by far my favorite setup i have run over the years.

I just talked to someone at Mill Creek Friday and heard the same thing" 2 pallets in route, no idea what is included, hope for mid March delivery of product".
Where is this info coming from? I don't see anything on their FB page either.
Frustrating time for most parts right now but especially suspensions. Dobinson isn't any better right now on available product. It's turned into whoever gets parts in first get's my business...

I just talked to someone at Mill Creek Friday and heard the same thing" 2 pallets in route, no idea what is included, hope for mid March delivery of product".
Where is this info coming from? I don't see anything on their FB page either.
Frustrating time for most parts right now but especially suspensions. Dobinson isn't any better right now on available product. It's turned into whoever gets parts in first get's my business...
I’m not sure how the business specific side of it works but how do you not know what’s coming? Doesn’t track with me.
I talked to someone from 4XO via FB messenger and without going into specifics because I don’t know what’s true, there was finger pointing from that end.
I think I’ll revise my suspension plans until there’s more fidelity.

A product hard to get and next to no dealer support is a big no for me...just a red flag warning...

I’m not sure how the business specific side of it works but how do you not know what’s coming? Doesn’t track with me.
I talked to someone from 4XO via FB messenger and without going into specifics because I don’t know what’s true, there was finger pointing from that end.
I think I’ll revise my suspension plans until there’s more fidelity.
Here is what I will say about the situation. It sucks. This could have been a successful endeavor. Icon makes a great product, Roadsafe makes some fantastic parts, and the spring manufacturer has been solid also. Everything else associated has been a challenge.

Our goal at Mill Creek Overland was to bring a quality product back to market, after the last failure of the 4xo brand, and we still will in some form or fashion. The details of all of that has transpired will be brought out in court.

Until then, I have been informed by the shipping company that two pallets are supposed to be arriving to port at the end of the month and then transported to us. However, after several inquiries to Mr. McRae I have not seen a shipping manifest. So, I truly have no idea what is being sent to us at this point.

We remain committed to our customers and will continue to help where we can. We are truly thankful for this communities' enthusiasm and support. We all love to build, modify, and wheel these trucks.

If you have any questions about parts inventory you can find accurate and up to date info at Millcreekoverland.com, or just give me a call at 615-283-3454.

Albert Ayotte
Mill Creek Overland

Last edited:
Slinky/Icon suspension is a great product. I still want a set of those 50mm front coils, but how many US distributors has Slinky gone through? I lost count.

I gave up awhile ago trying to get their products. When you run a shop, you don’t care to play any of that game nor make excuses for others.

Somebody brings me their products, great happy to put them on but I don’t offer them as an option or even mention them due to to much hassle.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom