Slight problem mating Slee extended steel brake lines to a Non-USA 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Fellow 80 brethren out there with any non-USA 80s please help. I am installing a 4" lift and bought Slee's extended cables. My 80 is from Venezuela and does not have ABS. The problem is that the fittings on the Slee hoses do not mate up with my brake connectors. I am looking into the possibility that Ironman might have something but was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with their non-usa 80 and if so, did anyone find a solution?

I am also going to determine if a shop can modify slee's cables with the non-usa fittings. As the hoses are already crimped, I am not sure if this will be a viable option. Also, I am going to see if maybe a non ABS US 80 that is being parted out will have what I need to possibly swap out the non-usa brake lines. Thoughts?

Thank you,

Greg

I have a Japan market HDJ81 with no ABS, and the ICON extended brake lines worked just fine (only use 2/3 lines that come with the kit as I don't have ABS). Are you saying the Venezuala spec trucks have different thread brake line fittings than the rest of the world?

I had the same issue with Ironman SS brake lines. I ended up using a factory brake hose that was 4" longer than stock. I believe it was for Tacoma 4x2. I have never had any issues with factory brake hoses.

I have a Japan market HDJ81 with no ABS, and the ICON extended brake lines worked just fine (only use 2/3 lines that come with the kit as I don't have ABS). Are you saying the Venezuala spec trucks have different thread brake line fittings than the rest of the world?
The connectors or fittings from the lines to the hoses are different from the US version 80. It might be the same as your japanese 81. Do you have the part # or the Icon hoses? I am not seeing them on the website.

Thank you

Greg

gfox, What did you end up doing? I just bought this kit from Slee for my JDM 80. Their website mentions filing down the hardline if doesn't mate easily...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom