sliding side windows (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to take mine out and do a general clean up on them, usual deal, shrinking weatherstrip , rusty spots underneath.

I thought I had seen a writeup once on taking these out but I couldn't find it with a search...

I haven't even looked at them yet to see whats involved in getting them out, it's probably straight forward , but figgered I'd check in case someone has some tricks.

I should probably find some new weatherstrip before I even start, is it a toyota only part?

cheers,
ryan

Very easy. Take some screwdriver by the inside and push the rubber outside. Do all around. Take between 5 to 10 min. each side.

Look at the factory manual in the body section.

You will probably find rusted sash in.

Here some part # and $ (can $) that will help you :

Sash : RH : 62705-60032 - LH : 62705-60022 = ±230 $
Run : 62756-60050 : ± 115 $

HTH

thanks man,

guess I didn't think they'd come out as one unit like that....anyways, got the one out, sill isn't that bad, coat of por and I'll stick it back in.

probably have em out again in a couple weeks to get tinted anyways, this is more of a bored lazy afternoon mess around project.

cheers,
ryan

Yup, all in one piece, just don't break the glass, god knows where you'd find replacement glass on the island... Hhhhmmmmmmm...

Hey any idea where i can find a real compact 24 volt continuous duty motor with a pulley attachment???

Did i mention how carefull you need to be with that glass. Best done with a BFH and screwdriver, after about a dozen beers too!:flipoff2:

haha, hmmm replacement glass....I don't suppose Heather ever gets the urge to clean all that rusty junk out of the carport when you're off in fort mac does she? :flipoff2:

as for that freaky motor idea, I heard the navy might have made something like that, but s***, you'd probably never find one on the island...:flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom