sliding glass and rain (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
okay its been along time since my last fj40, so im not sure if this was a normal thing or something i need to look into soon. driving my troopy in a hard rain the other day i noticed abit of spray in the back. im guessing it was coming though the lower part of windows of maybe where the two panes overlap. does anyone else have this issue? is it normal when conditions are right (i.e. driving fast in a hard rain)? or is it something i need to fix perhaps a window seal is bad. thank you in advance.

WOW, you had hard rain? would you send some inland to us.

aftermarket sliding windows?
I would think there should be a felt strip between the windows to keep the weather out

WOW, you had hard rain? would you send some inland to us.

aftermarket sliding windows?
I would think there should be a felt strip between the windows to keep the weather out

Good chance a troopy especially from Australia would have sliding window on all four back windows.

Is the rear piece of glass on the inside track? Not familiar with sliding windows but think a inspection would reveal any possible leaking spots. Very rarely get a rain much less a hard rain. My 40 series are parked in garages so doubt I would know if any of them have leaks related to rain.

Yeah never noticed when parked and rains. Leads me to think possibly just cause was driving. I wondered if the over lap was correct as I rear on inside but the outer window is the forward one so driving forward it should prevent from just pushing the rain in. I ended up just settling on the tracks are worn or loose or just a fluke occurence. Just curious if anybody else ever had it. Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom