Sliders same color as body (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Post pics if your sliders are the same color as the body. Trying to decide what color to go with. My rig is white.

Everyone with 202 black Cruisers better start painting their sliders like rainbows so we don’t look unrad 🌈

OK to be fair, black doesn't count.

But hey, if someone wants color-matched sliders, I won't try to stop you. It's your vehicle, do what makes you happy.

@dan83, if you don't get what you're after in this thread, I think there are a few older threads dedicated to sliders that may give you some ideas. That said, I don't think I've ever seen someone paint theirs white, you'd be blazing a new trail.

The best reason for painting sliders black is that by design, sliders are intended to get scratched and gouged. Black is black is black. If you find some specific paint match color then it will be a pain to touch them up. About once a year I remove mine, sand out the spots where the finish was gouged or scraped off, and repaint.

Reactions: jLB
Yeah that would not look good.....probably why you will not find a picture of it. I could see it on a grey truck, or even two tone to match body cladding color.

Paint them black and they 'disappear' and thus your truck looks taller too. Paint them white and its like adding running boards...makes it look a lot lower.

I color matched the bumpers and sliders to the trim color on one of my 100s. I liked it...

J

IMG_20170805_115458936.jpg
IMG_20161106_115036686.jpg

My truck is not white... But the sliders were painted gun metal.

White looks nice with black sliders. I went that route with my white D90.

20190908_143301.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom