Sliders for an hdj81 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've got the Cruisin offroad ones on mine. I think the frame is the same for the RHD and LHD so as long as the years for the frame changes match the sliders, any should fit, and you don't need the cat protection :)

I've got the Cruisin offroad ones on mine. I think the frame is the same for the RHD and LHD so as long as the years for the frame changes match the sliders, any should fit, and you don't need the cat protection :)

It's the exhaust routing that's the concern. It's why wkor specifies diesel.

According to the website they are out of business

I did 3 inch inside the frame rail and don't have any issues with the Cruisins.

I've wondered this myself. You and I both have diesel RHD land cruisers and a larger aftermarket exhaust, so I'm curious what other options work, as well.

I'm content buying the wkor is that's all that exists. I just like options

Cruisin was always the go-to when he was still running a full Land Cruiser specific fabrication shop. The change is pretty minor to accommodate the factory exhaust routing (it's just a change in one of the mounting arms typically) but I think you will be hard pressed to find something specific other that WKOR or something custom.

I have white knuckle on mine but now that I've installed a Manta exhaust inside frame rail I would probably go with Delta VS.

I already have aftermarket exhaust. So I don't want to change it to accommodate sliders. And I've had less than stellar experiences with dvs. So they don't get more money

I already have aftermarket exhaust. So I don't want to change it to accommodate sliders. And I've had less than stellar experiences with dvs. So they don't get more money
I was going to suggest them, but.......

Now I know how you stand on that.

How about ARB? Do they make any?

I have the coastal cruisers kit and an aftermarket 3" SS exhaust is squarely in the way on the RH side. I can only see fabricating some sort of bolt together 4" pipe clamp around the exhaust. Anyone with ideas for that pls chime in. Maybe if Coastal Cruisers chimed in on this discussion it would be helpful to everyone.

Next time my trucks in the garage I'll snap some pictures of my rusting bumper lol
Please send photos and info. We need to know about these things so we can fix them.

FWIW, I'm about to head out and remove my running boards from my HDJ81 so that I can install the set of sliders that I ordered from Slee. The "driver's" side mount attaches to the frame right where the bracket sits that holds the exhaust collector. I'm anticipating that I'm going to have to fab something to secure the exhaust, but otherwise my eyeballing says it will fit. Shouldn't be too difficult to get it all secured.

I'm finding that there's just enough differences with the RHD vehicle that you should just expect that you're going to have to do a bit more work if you plan on buying something that was designed for the LHD market.

I'm happy to post a pic of the final work, if there's any interest, but I may be a week'ish before I finish it up.

FWIW, I'm about to head out and remove my running boards from my HDJ81 so that I can install the set of sliders that I ordered from Slee. The "driver's" side mount attaches to the frame right where the bracket sits that holds the exhaust collector. I'm anticipating that I'm going to have to fab something to secure the exhaust, but otherwise my eyeballing says it will fit. Shouldn't be too difficult to get it all secured.

I'm finding that there's just enough differences with the RHD vehicle that you should just expect that you're going to have to do a bit more work if you plan on buying something that was designed for the LHD market.

I'm happy to post a pic of the final work, if there's any interest, but I may be a week'ish before I finish it up.
Post a picture please, I have a RHD HDJ81 and am looking for options for sliders as well. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom