sliders for a 1991 FJ80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay guys. Will have some change available in the upcoming weeks and sliders are at the top of the list.

Problem is - I have a 1991 FJ80 with the cats under my driver's door.

Hannah and Slee don't make 'em...

MAF has some under their 4-Plus brand...welding required.

I am not a welder and have no fab skills of my own.

I haven't seen any other custom fab shops that offer them right off the shelf...I don't know about the local welding shops in my area (I'd prefer to purchase if possible, but will go there if I need to).

Any options I haven't heard of yet?

Eric

Last edited:
I think MetalTech (Vendor) is thinking about build sliders for 91-92 and 93-97. I'm not positive, though.... Shoot Mark an e-mail and he should be able to let you know if and when they will be available. Just be patient with him, I'm sure the newest member of the family is making for restless nights! :D

thanks, Chad:

I like the products that he offers for protection - top notch stuff there.

I'll shoot him an email...

Eric

Last edited:
We will have sliders for early 80s out in the fall; I just went to the darkside and bought one.

And U paid way too much too. :flipoff2:

That reminds me, I forgot to send you your free fender....... :grinpimp:

dd113 said:
We will have sliders for early 80s out in the fall; I just went to the darkside and bought one.

Sweet. I will wait patiently to purchase a set too.

Oh and welcome to the the dark side. At least you didn't go all the way, it still has the 3FE.

dd113 said:

Woo Hoo,

Thats just what I am looking for for my 92' 80 series. I was wondering about sliders with the cats there. I thought I would have to move them arond, but I will wait to see what your bringing us.

Thanks
Kent :)

dd113 said:

That's awesome, David:

As you can see...there is a demand for them!

Any idea what they will be like? Bolt on or weld? Incorporated cat protection?

thanks!

Eric

Eric_FJ40 said:
That's awesome, David:

As you can see...there is a demand for them!

Any idea what they will be like? Bolt on or weld? Incorporated cat protection?

thanks!

Eric
We plan to make them out out of 22g steel and they will be attached with JB weld.

I dont really know yet what they will look like. I assume they will weld on. The ft cat is a issue we will need to work around.

dd113 said:
We plan to make them out out of 22g steel and they will be attached with JB weld.

JB weld - cool! I could even carry a couple tubes for trail repairs! (insert smilie here)

...I'll wait it out - not trying to be pushy...

Eric

Ok, are they ready yet? ;)

On my 91 I went catless for awhile it made putting the slider in a lot easier as it came straight off the bottom of the frame rail. Before I sold it I had to have cats installed. Very stupid of me to take them out to begin with. The local muffler guy hooked me up with a Dodge spec'd cat with dual inlets and a single outlet. It sits horizontal instead of vertical. It fit in the factory spot almost perfect. So I was very pleased. I've thought about actually doing this mod on my 94 too. Just on the other side.

I believe Hanna Quality has 91/92 sliders out. Maybe they are only upon request. I was also thinking the Slee ones were out for 91/92 in one of the models.

Personally, I'm waiting for the Metal Tech one's. It is as local as it gets for me. And I know Mark will put the time and effort into R and D to make them right. Plus he gives so much to the Cruiser Community I feel I have to give back when I can.

Eric V.

Ooops! I guess that sounds like I feel the other vendors don't give to the Cruiser Community. That isn't the case nor is it my feeling. It just is I have a more local relationship with this vendor. But if I had a choice between a local supporter of the Cruiser Community and a local non supporter I'd definitely go with the supporter even if it was a little more $.

dd113 said:

So they are gonna be real freakin sturdy huh????? :flipoff2:

reffug said:
So they are gonna be real freakin sturdy huh????? :flipoff2:
Its not like any of you homos really wheel your 80s. How sturdy does it need to be at the mall?

If Mark does come out with them buy them from Mark cuz I will.

Hey David congrats by the way on the new purchase. Bailey has been telling me deep down inside that hardcore cruiser soul there is an 80 waiting to come out. :D Have fun with it and can't wait to see some of the mods you do! I am sure you will be real comfortable with an 80 since you got real familiar with mine.

-Josh

Last edited:
dd113 said:
How sturdy does it need to be at the mall?

Hey have you ever seen the damage that can result from those damn carts. :eek:

reffug said:
Hey have you ever seen the damage that can result from those damn carts. :eek:
It is not the cart that does the most damage. Once that damn kid hits the windshield it can take days to get the baby smell off the glass; plus little kids are sticky. Sap is easier to remove than kid juce.

dd113 said:
Its not like any of you homos really wheel your 80s. How sturdy does it need to be at the mall?

If Mark does come out with them buy them from Mark cuz I will.

caught me, just need them so my wife has a step.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom