Sliders for 60's - ideas, plans, pics, $$ for materials (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, after reading the thread on pics and ideas for sliders on 40's, I'm looking for some information on ones for 60's.

My neighbor is completely building up a mini, I mean this thing has been totally dismantled and he's doing drive shafts, front-end stuff, the bed is off, 35 Swampers on on...etc... Point being that I've been seeing the blue glow of his welder into the nights. I want to ask him to weld me up some sliders for my 87 FJ60. (Slee's are what I'm looking for but don't have that kind of dough).

Questions:
1. Can you post some pics of sliders you have, you like or have fabricated?
2. Does anyone have plans/dimensions?
3. Anything to be aware of? Clearances, proximity to fenders, rockers, etc..?
4 What is right material, and cost?
5 What is a reasonable amount of money to spend on material and 'payment' for my neighbor? I don't want to insult him, Slee's are like $595.

Thanks!

Cardinal 87 FJ60 (ARB Locker and compressor sitting on my bench - instead of in the Cruiser!)

Here you go. Local guy makes these are are dam nice.

http://www.foxfab4x4.com/catalog/wagonsliders/index.html

MVC-358S.JPG

Stew

Profit's Cruisers is like 5 hours or so from ya (they're in Delta, CO). Here's a pic of they're 60 sliders. I like 'em. I emailed him about them and IIRC, they were something like $250. I was gonna do 'em, but I decided to try and make my own.

Also, check out the Toyota Rock Slider Round Up (though it's a little outdated--there's a lot more options out there now). Anyway, its got some good ideas anyways.

No offiliation to any of them...blah...blah...

-Ferg-

Profit's Cruisers Sliders

DSC00163.JPG

off the subject but what size shackles do you run (the ferg)

the local highschool Career center could do it. (i am enrolled in a highschool welding class) i have built a set for a freinds j##p and they are STRONG. but the career center would probly do it for parts

The main thing that you really need to figure out when you are building them, besides your particular look, are what they are going to be used for. As one group in all my reading said "are you planning on making rock SLIDERS or rock SLAMMERS.." There is a difference and that is where the style and thickness of metal comes into play. Technically for those of us that are really only ever going to user them as nothing other than steps, we could go with sliders with will have a slightly different aesthetic and not require as thick of material.

Really wish I could find some good information on stuff like DOM vs. standard tubing, thickness needs, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom