Sliders and MAF drop brackets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hoosier Daddy

SILVER Star
Threads
Lift should be going on within a few days (2.5-3 inches probably) and my Bump-it step sliders are in production. I e-mailed Mike at Bump-it and asked him about whether the MAF drop brackets and his sliders would interfere. He believed they would, on the driver's side, as the U-bolt bracket is located in front of the cross-member on that side - where the drop bracket would also reside.

Anybody have any experience with modding the drop brackets or sliders (particularly the Bump-it sliders) to make them work together? It'll be a few weeks before I have the sliders, so I won't be able to come up with a plan until I get them and can see how they fit in that area. I was wondering if I could slightly trim the vertical parts of the drop brackets and just squeeze the U-bolt over the extra width of the MAF bracket plate.

I realize caster correction bushings would negate this whole problem, but aside from this issue the brackets seem like a much better option for me.

Last edited:
search Walking Eagle and sliders - there are photos of how I did my mounts.

Please post an update when you get both installed since this is the exact setup I want to run, bump-it sliders and MAF drop brackets.

You might want to also take a look at Cruisin Offroad (Cruisin Off Road). I had him (Jason) fab up step sliders for me and I noticed that the U bracket fits right between the drop bracket and transfer case bar.

BTW, he is a really nice to work with.

IMG_4888.jpg

DSC08784.jpg

DSC08780.jpg

DSC08785.jpg

Adalnay...That step slider is really nice. I didnt know Crusin made those. Was that a one off for you or do they plan on producing these?

Adalnay...That step slider is really nice. I didnt know Crusin made those. Was that a one off for you or do they plan on producing these?
I don't think so. Jason has the specs so I don't think it would be too difficult to fab up more if needed. I would just contact him at cruisinoffroad@shaw.ca. Really good guy to work with.

Last edited:
Aaah, ok. I'm a little slow but not quite as dumb as I look. The photo I found was in a different thread, so I missed those other photos. Many thanks, and yes, that helps a lot.

I do have the specs to build more step sliders, and will be happy to do so.

Also, I have just finished a set of sliders for a local customer with the MAF drop brackets. My standard left side bracket fits with the drop bracket with no modification to the slider or the bracket. For models with side-by-side cats, I have a custom bracket that bolts on with the cross member bolts, but for the newer models with inline cats its the standard frame attachment.

What Walking drew up there is very similar to the brackets that I use for all my sliders. They wrap the frame from below and have a pinch bolt at the top. Allows for a very low profile on the bottom of the frame, and spreads loads over a greater area than using U-bolts.

I don't think so. Jason has the specs so I don't think it would be too difficult to fab up more if needed. I would just contact him at cruisinoffroad@shaw.ca. Really good guy to work with.

I decided to take the path of least resistance and I am glad I did. Went with the Slee 3 degree bushings with the Landtank template - and it turned out fantastic. BTW, also got the Bump-it Step Sliders on and they are awesome.

So, sorry, I didn't come up with an answer on how to make the drop bracket and step sliders compatible. I'll try to get a photo of the area where the two would conflict now that I have the sliders mounted, and maybe this will help someone figure it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom