Sliders.... 4Crawler? Others? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trail gear and weld them on. Although their prices have gone nuts and shipping on sliders suuuckz.

Drive that thing to Iron Pig and have them weld some up.

Trail gear and weld them on. Although their prices have gone nuts and shipping on sliders suuuckz.

Drive that thing to Iron Pig and have them weld some up.
Summit Racing has free shipping.. 260 after tax... I can weld, but I won't weld on this truck.... Still, a little cash to someone to get it done ... that might be a good deal.

Whoa. That’s cheap. I have trail gear sliders on my 4runner. Far as I can tell they are fine. Welding them on wasn’t hard, but it wasn’t fun either.

The all pro sliders are a few bucks more but still free shipping. They have a bit of a kick out as well. I’ll think about a bit, but that is definitely a budget friendly deal.

I’d love the 4crawler kit, but you have to weld it up yourself or get someone to do it. I can weld a little but I wouldn’t feel comfortable doing it right. The Trail Gears are inexpensive, have free shipping from summit, and tuck in pretty tight it seems. DOM steel, so I think that is the move. It’s not the highest end, but it will be fine I’m sure. If my welding skills were on par and I had the means I would get the 4crawler kit, weld them up, and bolt them on.

For future reference, there is a vendor called "4Crawler" AND a vendor called "Marlin Crawler". I think you have been meaning to say Marlin Crawler when you say 4Crawler. 4Crawler doesn't sell sliders but Marlin Crawler does.
Both Marlin Crawler & Trail Gear sliders will require welding.

For future reference, there is a vendor called "4Crawler" AND a vendor called "Marlin Crawler". I think you have been meaning to say Marlin Crawler when you say 4Crawler. 4Crawler doesn't sell sliders but Marlin Crawler does.
Both Marlin Crawler & Trail Gear sliders will require welding.
Incorrect

But it’s 170 for just the cut pieces and instructions. You have to source the 4 long tubes locally. Probably wouldn’t be much to get the steel... if I was more welding savvy I’d probably go that route. I just love that design and I like the look. Also after the kit is welded up you can bolt it on or weld it on. But.... like I said, maybe I could find someone locally or in my club to help weld some sliders on, but welding up the kit is another story.

The only downside I see is that there are only 2 legs to the frame... the seem to be proven though... so who can say. I think 260 shipped for a pair of TG is still the way to go, I don’t love them, but I will feel better on trails and in parking lots.

Last edited:
Agreed

I have what I believe are TG sliders that were on a donor truck I bought and cut the off and put new legs to the frame (with a new gusset kit) They were on the donor for many years and still aren’t in bad shape just a few battle wounds lol I plan to had kick outs to them since they are the old school short version 😎

Yea. I honestly don’t love the marlin ones. I’m sure they are great quality, but it’s hard to beat 260 shipped man! Marlins and 4xinovations are both great I’m sure, but I think I narrowed it down to TG and 4crawler. If I had the logistics and a bit more experience I’d get the 4crawler, but that’s not the situation. Still trying to find someone who could weld them locally then I could bolt them up.

But it’s 170 for just the cut pieces and instructions. You have to source the 4 long tubes locally. Probably wouldn’t be much to get the steel... if I was more welding savvy I’d probably go that route. I just love that design and I like the look. Also after the kit is welded up you can bolt it on or weld it on. But.... like I said, maybe I could find someone locally or in my club to help weld some sliders on, but welding up the kit is another story.

The only downside I see is that there are only 2 legs to the frame... the seem to be proven though... so who can say. I think 260 shipped for a pair of TG is still the way to go, I don’t love them, but I will feel better on trails and in parking lots.

I think the 4crawler is bolt on to the frame and designed for a bit of flex so that it would come into contact with the pinch weld on a hard stripe and distribute it over strongest part of the body. Might be why it is only using two.

I think the 4crawler is bolt on to the frame and designed for a bit of flex so that it would come into contact with the pinch weld on a hard stripe and distribute it over strongest part of the body. Might be why it is only using two.
I'll buy that... sounds good to me. I still think I will have to settle for some TG though... If he was still shipping out the built sliders I would get them, but I think the slow-down hit them pretty good...

Marlin Crawler weld on sliders 🤙🏼

Resized_20210113_111026.jpeg

20210309_121527.jpg

20210310_113723.jpg

IMG_20210310_003453_075.jpg

IMG_20210321_202047_309.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom