Slider widow leak help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Both my rear slider windows are leaking in the same spot. At the back of the window in the rubber where the glass slides. Please help with what needs to be replaced and if possible a part number. Thanks.

20200331_150744.jpg

Ditto.

Lot's of places for parts, pick one that works for you. But that's the easy part. You got to be committed to doing the work. I replaced everything but the glass not long ago. Used @OTRAMM 's video as a guide. My aluminum frames were completely cooroded and both needed to be replaced.

Not really. Watch the video, you'll see that there's weather stripping inside the frame and outside of it. I didn't know mine was shot until after I pulled it out. The frame it pretty spendy too but readily available from any Toyota dealer.

I'm trying to figure out why I have water coming in through the windows. My thought is do the the interior rubber is bad or maybe the center post felt. A y thoughts.

My rear windows were leaking and what I found was that the leak occurs under the metal window trim on the outside then water drips down onto the rear carpet. That trim is held in place with 3 clips that have a piece of felt under them. The felt gets old and water leaks in. I removed the trim, removed the clips and felt. then placed the clips back in place using silicone in place of the felt. Then reapplied the trim. Been good since. Be careful though because the clips break and you can't get them

Watched the videos good info. Thank you. I got more bored than I was earlier so went to work on the cruiser. Opened the rear glass on the slider and pulled out the as much of the window run as possible. Found it was caked with grime and not allowing the water to drain in the corners. In the bottom corners of the window runs there are slits that allow the water to drain onto aluminum track and then to the drains. This is where my issues was. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom