Slider question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good day. I've just bought a new 2019 LC, blue with terra and no entertainment screens in back. I love it. Thinking of adding sliders. I've searched the forum and looked at Slee, Trail Tailor, and Metal Tech. Looks like Slee sliders are horizontal with the vehicle and the other two are tilted up a bit. This would be my first set of sliders. What is your preference and why?

Thanks

Congratulations & Welcome to the 200 forum. Also check out BudBuilt. Rock sliders typically are angled to give higher clearance and additional protection. Step sliders are horizontal for ease of entry and providing protection. Other options are "kickers", an extended portion towards the rear for a wider step to access the roof. Paging @Taco2Cruiser

I just took off my Budbuilt rock sliders and they are for sale if you are interested. I am selling them for almost half the price of what they go for now. They are in immaculate condition as I have never them put them to use and mainly highway miles.

Here is the link to the sale post:

I just installed a set of SLEE but I would have picked up the used BudBuilt ones if I had know about them.

Mine get used for a step to get in and out plus access the roof rack. Sometimes as rock sliders. The ones that tilt up are for hard core rock sliding, and spinning against rocks, which I try to avoid if possible.

I have metal techs and mine don’t kick up. The outer rails are level with the main structure bar.

Drilling the frame for the nut-serts was frankly a bit of a pain in the butt but otherwise I absolutely love them.

Budbuilt is completely bolt-on no drilling or welding required.

I may have said this before, but we are pretty spoiled when it comes to slider options. Sliders are probably the most used armor component on the 200 and pretty much every brand on this thread has been represented on various 200-series trail runs and all have done the job. To date I haven't heard of a slider failure on here or the various FB groups.

The points of differentiation come down to aesthetics, customization/options, installation, warranty/support/service, and availability.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom