Slider options-not a rehash (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for sliders for my new-to-me 2000 LX 470 with AHC. I've found great info on here and seems I can't go wrong with most of the available products. I have narrowed down to White Knuckle, Metal Tech/Outpost, or BumpItOffRoad. Does anyone have the current BIO tube sliders installed that can post some pictures? The tube design is different than other makers and I believe from his earlier versions and I'd like to see how they look installed. Mike's computer crashed and he doesn't have any installed pictures currently.
Thanks!

1884@2x.jpg

Hey man, cool to see you here. I have been looking at sliders too. I am planning on building a set in the next week or so. Got to build a screen door for the wife first.

I, like you, was looking at those 3 slider options as well and really liked the BIO design the best but shipping killed it for me when I was looking at getting a set last Black Friday, even with the sales. metal tech is currently running their group buy and updated their shipping information on their site which brought my shipping cost from $260 to $144 which is much more reasonable. BIO quoted me $230 for shipping but the group buy pushed my slider purchase towards metal tech. take a look: Metal-Tech 2019 GROUP BUY for Bumpers and Sliders!

Sorry man, no pics here, I have sliders on order from Mike at BIO but probably won't have pictures of them installed until July/August. I like the looks of the White Knuckle style a little better, and could do without the little BIO logo tread plate, but I have been really impressed with Mike's communication and willingness to work with me, so it made the decision easy.

I, like you, was looking at those 3 slider options as well and really liked the BIO design the best but shipping killed it for me when I was looking at getting a set last Black Friday, even with the sales. metal tech is currently running their group buy and updated their shipping information on their site which brought my shipping cost from $260 to $144 which is much more reasonable. BIO quoted me $230 for shipping but the group buy pushed my slider purchase towards metal tech. take a look: Metal-Tech 2019 GROUP BUY for Bumpers and Sliders!

And don’t forget, if there are 50 MetalTech 4x4 orders by the 15th, we all get a $100 shipping credit too! 🙃

I am looking at the group buy, also, but if they don't have it in stock, it will take longer than I want to wait. Currently they have bare steel in stock, no powder coat.

White Knuckle is comparable because their shipping is almost $100 less than BIO even though they are much farther away (?!) and they have a pretty good turnaround.

Like Hiteckredneck, I like the WKOR and OPOR style a little better than BIO, but probably once mounted it will hardly be noticeable (thus the request for pics). And like Hiteckredneck, my experience with Mike so far has been great, he is prompt and thorough in communicating. Metal Tech has yet to provide more than one answer in any email response, so I'm not very impressed. Mike also has the best price, before shipping, and if he can get them done by early July, I won't have to pay for shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom