Slider FAQ? - can we start one (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Seems one of the first mods everyone does to their 80's, lots even before suspension or bumpers, is sliders or slider steps. I'm one more making that my first mod. I've been doing searches on this forum and others, and in the tech sections, and I've found some good stuff, but it's here and there and everywhere. I don't know what the rules are on FAQ's, but I sure would like to see one started on sliders. Photoman has those cool rotating ones, George Scolaro has some nice fab pics in the tech section. Somewhere I saw some simple designs that don't involve tube bending, ect. ect. One FAQ for everyone to post pics of thiers would be really handy - hopefully for others in addition to me.

I started on the plates for mounting the outriggers last night. Boy that frame is tall! I always knew they were built tough, but dang!!! Anyway, I drilled the first holes in the plate, and threw some pieces of angle iron on to make building it easier - I can just throw the plate up and it stays flat to the frame, and I'm sure it'll add some tortional rigidity too, but it if it only makes building easier - it's worth 10 minutes and 2" of angle iron. That's also when I realized the frame isn't parallel to the body - so back into the house and start searching the web to see how others delt with it. That's when I started thinking - "Boy, if everyones slider was just on one FAQ, it'd make my life easier."

So, how do we start one?

It should be as easy as you gathering all the links and consolidating them into a thread. I'm sure there wouldn't be a problem getting one of the mods to throw it into the faq sticky.

I built my own. Ill post picks probably tomorrow. I welded them to the truck and they're super strong. Ive slid over many a rock with these babies.

NorCalDoug said:
It should be as easy as you gathering all the links and consolidating them into a thread. I'm sure there wouldn't be a problem getting one of the mods to throw it into the faq sticky.

Normally yes this is how it would be accomplished. :D

See what we can do about it. ;)

Walking Eagle said:
Seems one of the first mods everyone does to their 80's, lots even before suspension or bumpers, is sliders or slider steps. I'm one more making that my first mod. I've been doing searches on this forum and others, and in the tech sections, and I've found some good stuff, but it's here and there and everywhere. I don't know what the rules are on FAQ's, but I sure would like to see one started on sliders. Photoman has those cool rotating ones, George Scolaro has some nice fab pics in the tech section. Somewhere I saw some simple designs that don't involve tube bending, ect. ect. One FAQ for everyone to post pics of thiers would be really handy - hopefully for others in addition to me.

I started on the plates for mounting the outriggers last night. Boy that frame is tall! I always knew they were built tough, but dang!!! Anyway, I drilled the first holes in the plate, and threw some pieces of angle iron on to make building it easier - I can just throw the plate up and it stays flat to the frame, and I'm sure it'll add some tortional rigidity too, but it if it only makes building easier - it's worth 10 minutes and 2" of angle iron. That's also when I realized the frame isn't parallel to the body - so back into the house and start searching the web to see how others delt with it. That's when I started thinking - "Boy, if everyones slider was just on one FAQ, it'd make my life easier."

So, how do we start one?

the angle hangers is a great idea i will have to use it when i start my sliders hopefully next month (i am still recovering from building my roof rack). how goes your progress?

All Pro type bump outs are a must IMHO if you wheel it. Mine worked amazingly well this past weekend. I can't say enough about the difference they make.
badlands4.jpg

at the risk of sounding whinny, I still want a slider FAQ

I got mine from Slee 2 days ago, installed them yesterday. I just need to test'em out. Then I can tell you my $0.02 with pictures :D

Hanna Sliders on my rig, these things slice through rock like it was butter.

Biff said:
Hanna Sliders on my rig, these things slice through rock like it was butter.

They break big rocks too! :flipoff2: Much better than fiberglass fender flares do. :crybaby:

Thanks once again Victor. hehehe :D

Brentbba said:
They break big rocks too! :flipoff2: Much better than fiberglass fender flares do. :crybaby:

Thanks once again Victor. hehehe :D

:)....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom