slide rails (versus nerf bar) options for fj40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so, I like the idea of a slide rail for 2 reasons - step up into rig easier and protection. I do not really want a nerf bar setup that would rob clearance space as it mounts below the door frame versus a slide rail at the rocker protection.

what have you guys found for sliders, rails you can add to the existing rocker protection you have installed already? I see these at BTB and like the concept, but I just want the slide rails, already have the rocker panel ange iron in place.
NewProd_bigpic1SidePros.jpg

looks nice, but mounts and hangs lower than frame/rocker area it appears, so similar to a nerf bar but glorified step more, no?

wantatlc said:
looks nice, but mounts and hangs lower than frame/rocker area it appears, so similar to a nerf bar but glorified step more, no?

no it wont.
if you look at it from a level point of view,even the stock step and rocker panel are higher than the frame.

what you want to do is....remove the factory step,cut your rocker off,either just above where the step mounted or cut alittle higher.

with or without removing any rocker material, the slider is still above the frame.

go to any truck accessory store and buy short bed rails...ya know, those ugly ass chrome tube rails. cut em to length, reweld them, paint them black and just bolt them on. I think they are 1.5" and dont stick out too far. I got a free set of 36" rails but they are a little too long. I would go with longer ones and notch the excess for center support.

vortec, i like that plate you got to the frame.

steel or aluminum?

trollhole,
is the piece you have bolted to the rocker part of the slider?
or are they two seperate pieces?

thank,jim

Vortec_Cruiser said:
1/4" steel, as is the belly plate.

nice, i like the idea of the slider plate.
has it ever worked against you, like sliding you the other way into the oposite side of the rig?

2badfjs said:
trollhole,
is the piece you have bolted to the rocker part of the slider?
or are they two seperate pieces?

thank,jim

Two pieces.

account for body frame flex

Vortec_Cruiser said:
Here's mine:

nice. thats what I am talking about. where did you get those or did you make them? I am also in So Cal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom