slees light harness upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

agomez

Frijoles
Threads
my oem harness is wearing out quick question is slees upgrade a plug and play or does it require splicing of wires? I am not running any other lights other than the stock low and high beams....did look at the slee site but alittle confused with the jumper he is offering....thanks

call him and ask him about it.

It's pretty much plug and play, no splicing. I'm not a big electrical guy, and I did mine in about an hour. You should get some of the John Deere headlights while you are at it, they kick ass !

Use electrolytic grease

I just installed both the Slee light harness upgrade and one Slee aux. light harness. Definitely a :banana: job.

Be sure to use an electrically conductive grease liberally at the connectors to prevent corrosion and you are sure to be satisfied for a long time.

My headlights are noticeably brighter.

One of the best, cheepest, easiest mods out there for the 80.

The slee wiring harness fits right in, no need to splice any wires. The difference is very noticable. The harness installs into the OEM light harness on the drivers side, (you disconnect the old wires that go into your headlight assembly and use the new wiring harness for the light bulbs), connects into the battery, mount the provided relays into the existing mounting point that comes with the truck and you then have to route it into the passenger side in order to use it on the right headlight assembly.

You can route the harness however you want, just please don't do what i did with my first set and just route it over the radiator and expect it to stay there. With a hard enough bump, that wire will jump down into the radiator fan and get chewed up. Happend to me, luckly the harness was designed so that the tabs off the wiring harness that go into the headlight assembly break off and no damage was done to the headlight assemblies.

Using slee's instructions for routing the wire, it shouldn't take you more than 30min. Routing goes under the hoodlatch support bar, where the OEM harness is routed through.

Do it the right way the first time :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom