Slee's Front Bumper at Moab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

let's make sure we stay civil...

And back to my question too Mr. Slee:

My Sahara is dent prone.

I've seen certain ARB's and your rear bumper that would take A LOT to cause a dent. How abou tthis new front bumper of yours?

And back to my question too Mr. Slee:
My Sahara is dent prone.
I've seen certain ARB's and your rear bumper that would take A LOT to cause a dent. How abou tthis new front bumper of yours?

Does it dent, or move? Obviously we are designing something that will take more abuse. We will see how this design does after UA and evaluate from there.

Does it dent, or move? Obviously we are designing something that will take more abuse. We will see how this design does after UA and evaluate from there.

Moves? Oh yes.

I've dented it twice. The front sides just v-shape and it's a pain to fix. A bigger pain than I am to this forum. :D

See how my PS is bowed in:
111432209-L.jpg

Brandon, we have 120 hours into the front end and hard parts is probably around $5k. We estimate time can be reduced to around 60/80 hours and parts depend on how you want to do it.

So im guessing this is something you're going to further pursue?

or was it a one time thing.

OK, let's indeed get back to the bumper at hand, and stay with that, eh...

bumper looks hardcore to me....looks purtay. Wonder how it would look color matched to my truck? ;)

Let me know how that works out for you on the 100 front end :idea:

I hear it will be tough, however, without I winch I should be able to gain a lot compared to a full-out winch bumper. I think we can mini-ize a front bumper, no? (Frame cut, or little frame cut, or even no frame cut)

Gotta decide between a used or 2007 first.

slees bumper as some have said from their observations (i myself have no knowledge of this but from what people who have seen it have said is...) that slees bumper will alow more clearance then an ARB winch bumper, and he even had a 12k mounted in it. Best of both worlds...more clearance + a bigger winch.

If slee was to make a bumper without the capacity for a winch, im sure he would be up to the task of making a bumper that will allow for max. clearance. But thats not what the majority of his client base is looking for. They want a tough durable winch bumper that has more clearance then the ARB, with built in recovery points that has the ability to be slammed on a few rocks here and there. From what people have said about the bumper...looks like Christo is right on track.

slees bumper as some have said from their observations (i myself have no knowledge of this but from what people who have seen it have said is...) that slees bumper will alow more clearance then an ARB winch bumper, and he even had a 12k mounted in it. Best of both worlds...more clearance + a bigger winch.

If slee was to make a bumper without the capacity for a winch, im sure he would be up to the task of making a bumper that will allow for max. clearance. But thats not what the majority of his client base is looking for. They want a tough durable winch bumper that has more clearance then the ARB, with built in recovery points that has the ability to be slammed on a few rocks here and there. From what people have said about the bumper...looks like Christo is right on track.

Oh yes....as I said....this will be successful for him. Just not for me. Me no want wench. :D

bumper_1.jpg

The red arrow indicates the end of the frame rail. The yellow the furthest you can cut it back. If you do cut it back to there, you are going to expose a bunch of crap that you really don't want to. Also the nose on the 100 is not the same as the 80. The body line is way up there. A simple channel iron bumper is not really going to work on this.

As for looks, this truck had the fenders cut, so we need to make some changes to the design to accommodate a full wing instead of the smaller ones we needed.

The tow points looks like they stick out to far, but that is because of this wing design.

Also E9999, yes, we will change the part that the fairlead bolts to. It looked OK on the computer, but I did not like the way it ended up on the truck.

You better hope you never get that whale beached and need a winch. I would not do one of these trucks without a winch. Been in to many places that a strap will not get you off. But then that never happens on 4 trails, as in 4 out of 10 :D

bumper_1.jpg

The red arrow indicates the end of the frame rail. The yellow the furthest you can cut it back. If you do cut it back to there, you are going to expose a bunch of crap that you really don't want to. Also the nose on the 100 is not the same as the 80. The body line is way up there. A simple channel iron bumper is not really going to work on this.

As for looks, this truck had the fenders cut, so we need to make some changes to the design to accommodate a full wing instead of the smaller ones we needed.

The tow points looks like they stick out to far, but that is because of this wing design.

Also E9999, yes, we will change the part that the fairlead bolts to. It looked OK on the computer, but I did not like the way it ended up on the truck.

Thanks very much for posting this. From what I could see (without removing my ARB) this looked like the point. I'm sure it will be a challenge though looking at the front I think we can get aggressive...though don't about looks yet. I'd hope we could get an angled peice from the frame cut locale up to the front of the body....somehow. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom