Slee's Front Bumper at Moab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's a nice pic from yesterday right before Christo left Dodge....er, Moab.

It's pretty friggin' nice.

-onur
Corrales, NM
P5050089.JPG

here the 100 on Hells Gate:cheers:

and Christo, its ok the FJ40s dont need a spot:D

thanks for leading Hells:cheers:
4 (3).JPG

I saw this 100 in person in Moab, it makes my 100 look like a Highlander....Awesome truck....awesome skid plate....I also saw the headlights on and they looked good...Slees's bumper looks like it it offers atleast 4-5 inches more ground clearance than than ARB bumpers....very well done, looks factory..

The rig looks great in person. Kind of crazy it looks well proportioned on 39's.... as long as it wasn't next to anything else. Great how tucked in the 12k winch was. Christo is a great trail leader, likes to drive fast. Ben is solid driver.

I also got a chance to look at (and under) this rig at Moab and it is sweet. Very clean, first-rate build (typical Christo). I have put this mod at the top of my Christmas list.

More wheeling pics please :bounce:
thanks for the Gate pic - :cheers:

Though I don't get it yet.....why not just get an 80 if you're gonna rip out the IFS. 80's smaller....a huge help!

Because of all of the other super-dupers associated with the 100 series that you frequently bring up: more power, more comfort, higher build quality, rear air, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Because of all of the other super-dupers associated with the 100 series that you frequently bring up: more power, more comfort, higher build quality, rear air, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

True....and I learned even more Saturday when my buddy's 100 (which is built as a clone of mine) climbed The Step on Charouleau Gap (first known 100 to go the whole way and attempt the Step). He did great, as usual didn't need a SFA, and seeing it just made me want to dump my LX450 for another 100. My guess is it will be for sale soon....and no SFA will be considered for my next 100. :)

150448861-L.jpg

Last edited:
Should we start a Slee 100 vs Shotts 100 thread? Shotts got a photo of your rig going up Hells Gate? I didn't think so. Weren't you asking it be sold to you after CM? Make up your mind, want it don't want it. I think you just like to stir the pot. I encourage you to sign up for UA with your rig. Slee's 100 is the finest one I've seen, As was the white Lex that slee build that yours is "cloned" after. You buy the mans products then have the balls to dis him? Your only contribution to the 100 was the L-shock, Christos contributions? pretty long list. Give credit where credit is due. (I'm getting tired of calling you out, and will not do it again)

Here I am calming the whale down. (sorry had to be there) :D Still looking for a name for the truck.

Moab07_76.jpg

Cruise Moab 2007 Pics

John, you get stuck once on a control arm and now it is the trucks fault and you want to sell it? Not sure I understand that logic. However if a 100 with IFS is all you need for the wheeling you do, then yes, why bother with the rest.

Should we start a Slee 100 vs Shotts 100 thread? Shotts got a photo of your rig going up Hells Gate? I didn't think so. Weren't you asking it be sold to you after CM? Make up your mind, want it don't want it. I think you just like to stir the pot. I encourage you to sign up for UA with your rig. Slee's 100 is the finest one I've seen, As was the white Lex that slee build that yours is "cloned" after. You buy the mans products then have the balls to dis him? Your only contribution to the 100 was the L-shock, Christos contributions? pretty long list. Give credit where credit is due. (I'm getting tired of calling you out, and will not do it again)

90% of the above is crap though I will answer about one thing....."want it, don't want it".

The more we take out vehicles out the more we learn about them. It's only been the last year that I've tried obstacles that I NEVER would have tried in my 100. I never would have thought I would have made them. So, I've kept an 80 in my stable. It seems however that every time I take the next step the 100 does it and handily. Saturday was another turning point when I seen Rod climb this monster rock. It's that simple....the 100 can go. The more I see it, the less I need and want the 80.

This has nothing to do with Slee's SAS build up. There is demand for it and he's the one to do it. He'll be successful for certain. Let the dollars flow his way. :cheers:

Here I am calming the whale down. (sorry had to be there) :D Still looking for a name for the truck.

Moab07_76.jpg

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/trails/cruise_moab_2007/cruise_moab_07.htm

John, you get stuck once on a control arm and now it is the trucks fault and you want to sell it? Not sure I understand that logic. However if a 100 with IFS is all you need for the wheeling you do, then yes, why bother with the rest.

Getting stuck has nothing to do with wanting to sell the LX . With the front arms on the 6" lift I now know I really have to watch out for them. Up front I now am concerned about two arms and the diff.

It's seeing Rod's 100 do the Step (along with my recollection of the wild line I did at Three Feathers) that tells me I do not need an 80 for anything I do. I need a 100 that I won't mind pinstriping (like Rod's ride). With it, I'd a been up that Step years ago.

If that is the step I am thinking about I drove it in a 80 5 years ago.

Yes, the arms hang down, that was one of the compromises that we had to make, however the positives about the arms far outweigh the negatives. I guess you just need bigger tires. :D

Why are you "concerned" about the arms? Tire placement is where it is at. Or in the event that you do land on them on a rock, just drag them. Pretty sure they can take it :D

DCP_1065.jpg

I think this is the same spot.

If that is the step I am thinking about I drove it in a 80 5 years ago.

Yes, the arms hang down, that was one of the compromises that we had to make, however the positives about the arms far outweigh the negatives. I guess you just need bigger tires. :D

Why are you "concerned" about the arms? Tire placement is where it is at. Or in the event that you do land on them on a rock, just drag them. Pretty sure they can take it :D

DCP_1065.jpg

I think this is the same spot.

Yes sir. That's the Step.

I'm with you on the positives outweighing the negatives. I'm just irked that I need to watch out for them 24/7. I would think due to your success that eventually (if I don't sell the truck off) I will "learn" their location and it'll become less an issue for me. I've only had two trips with them on. That's not enough to evaluate.

Oh, and they can take the scrapes. No doubt there.

"Slee: When you get back from Moab....shoot me a PM price for this truck? Thanks! Maybe it's a good thing I didn't buy your 80 pickup!" and I'm 90% crap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom