Slee's 6" lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

for the tire size question
DSC00143.jpg

DSC00155.jpg

DSC00128.jpg

enough pics?

I'm in Houston as well. PM me if ya want an extra hand. Done a few lifts on different trucks here at the house and would'nt mind seeing the Slee kit. Let me know:beer:

Tommy

"In the box" means things like running mud flaps :flipoff2:

My rig has stock running boards and front mud flaps, the aftermarket flares negates the use of the stock mudflaps in the back (and my setup is waaaay too wide to run it on the road without the flares). :p

S62.JPG

Once you get the arms on be sure to torque to spec. HOW MUCH GUYS? 150? We heard some minor knock noises at first. Did research and re-tweaking the arm nuts stopped that.

OK. Thanks.

I'm in Houston as well. PM me if ya want an extra hand. Done a few lifts on different trucks here at the house and would'nt mind seeing the Slee kit. Let me know:beer:

Tommy

I will. Thanks Tommy.

When I went from the J lift to the 6"...all I did was take out my J coils....and put the 6" coils in.

If you threw down the full price for all the other parts...you'll have a more things to turn bolts on, but all I changed was the coils.

Now I'm going to try the same thing with these....and set a stopwatch to time when things explode.

IMG_0763.jpg

When I went from the J lift to the 6"...all I did was take out my J coils....and put the 6" coils in.

If you threw down the full price for all the other parts...you'll have a more things to turn bolts on, but all I changed was the coils.

Now I'm going to try the same thing with these....and set a stopwatch to time when things explode.

IMG_0763.jpg

Are those 8" lift set of coils? How are the factory lockers holding up on those big meats?

Depending on what other work you are doing at the same time it may be easier to pop out the axle. When I did mine the front axle was pretty much completely gone over (wheel bearings, new TRE's, rotors, pads, calipers rebuilt, seals, felts etc.) and it was much easier to do on the bench than under the truck. A FSM, air tools and a decent torque wrench are your best friends.

HPIM2960.JPG

Where do those clear front indicator lenses come from ?

I need a set for ROOBY.

FJ809496TLC, sounds good. I'll be around. My schedule rotates so let me know ahead of time.
:beer:

Codyrx7, where did you get the coils from? and you did not change the control arms? What about the panhard? Adjustable I am guessing?

Codyrx7, where did you get the coils from? and you did not change the control arms? What about the panhard? Adjustable I am guessing?

The coils are supposedly a 1 off set from SLEE that I picked up from another MUD member here.

Still on the stock control arms...stock everything besides the coils and shocks down there.

A little late on the scene, I know. Everything goes together pretty smoothly but it is work and it is time consuming. It sounds like the you've already taken care of the biggest pain, brake lines and bleeding. Next to that I recommend a good set of brass punches and hammer (there are alot of parts to allign). If you run into any specific problems, PM me:).

Biggest tire size is completely dependant on location and wheeling habits. I run 35's and rub all of the time, even with no mud flaps:rolleyes:. I still keep waiting for the money tree to sprout so I can get my 37's though:)

A little late on the scene, I know. Everything goes together pretty smoothly but it is work and it is time consuming. It sounds like the you've already taken care of the biggest pain, brake lines and bleeding. Next to that I recommend a good set of brass punches and hammer (there are alot of parts to allign). If you run into any specific problems, PM me:).

Biggest tire size is completely dependant on location and wheeling habits. I run 35's and rub all of the time, even with no mud flaps:rolleyes:. I still keep waiting for the money tree to sprout so I can get my 37's though:)

Thanks Steve!

Done. Had to work around my schedule to do it. Two to three hours a day for several days did it. How did you all torqued the bolts on the DC shaft flange? I just have enough room for a close end wrench. Thanks to all the guys who offered their help. :beer:

Last edited:
It did mine as tight as I possibly could and then applied a breaker bar for a little more.

Done. Had to work around my schedule to do it. Two to three hours a day for several days did it. How did you all torqued the bolts on the DC shaft flange? I just have enough room for a closed end wrench. Thanks to all the guys who offered their help. :beer:

With the shaft mounted to the transfer case only, you can torque those nuts by moving the driveshaft out of your way. Then bolt the shaft to the third member and torque those bolts as you can get to them pretty easily. The whole process is easier with two people but I have done it by myself many times.

Will do. Thanks guys!

Wow. This thread was six years ago. Getting ready to install my third Slee's 6" lift and this time should be easier. I doubt it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom