Sleeping options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Maybe this is a dumb question but how easy is it to remove the 2nd row of seats?

I'm curious because I don't yet own a 100 and I'd like to occassionally sleep on the floor in the back when traveling but it looks like it's a chore to remove the 2nd row seating.

Has anyone done this or have any other sleeping solutions/suggestions? It appears that there is a 'bed' extension available for the 80's but none for the 100's as far as I can see.

Thanks,

2nd row folds forward quite far. Not sure how long the area would be for sleeping. I'm vertically challenged so it wouldn't be an issue for me;)

diagonally with the 2nd seats tumbled... unless you're waaaayyyyy tall

Fold the seats & sleep diagonally. My husband is 6'1 & can sleep diagonally in my 4Runner with the seats folded down.

What is a "bed extension"? a link or picture would be great. The tailgate when folded down will give you another couple of feet.

Or you can buy my Suburban. Still for Sale and fits a Queen-sized air mattress no problem. I slept in it for weeks on a trip to Alaska.

NMuzj100 said:
What is a "bed extension"? a link or picture would be great. The tailgate when folded down will give you another couple of feet.

I was referring to a product accessory that I read about on Slee's site for the 80 series (http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/products_drawers_main.htm).

I was thinking (hoping :frown: ) maybe there was something out there similar for the 100 series.

I know what you mean about Surburbans, my brother-in-law has one and it can practically sleep an army in there when the seats are removed.

The second row seats are fairly easy to remove though one of them is not exactly lightweight. You can also just remove the larger one so that you can still have one seat available if needed. IIRC, it is about 4 bolts per seat. But yeah, try sleeping diagonal first.

Another option is:

For $100:
http://www.tentsontrucks.com/explorer.html

For $3-400:
http://www.xocom.com/ss/Sleepers.html
This is similiar to the one above but with better materials.

The last option I think you are trying to say is to make or build the rear drawers the same height as your second row seats (when folded down). And those are in the $150 (DIY)-$1300 (prebuilt) range. The bed extension you are talking about is used in conjunction with the drawer system. I believe it just goes over the seats to make one complete flat surface back there.

Last edited:
Hoser,

Thanks for the info; I'm sure one of the tent options should work for me.

I haven't found any prebuilt drawer systems with the bed extension for the 100 series though, only the 80 series on Slee's site. Are there other manufacturers out there that I'm missing?

Thanks again...

I know you are going to drool when you see this...

From Japan... and pretty spendy but you could build or have somebody build one for you here.
attachment.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom