Slee wiring harness question

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by lowtops, Jun 30, 2005.

1. lowtops

lowtops

Media:
    Albums:
    Disclaimer: I am not electrically inclined.

Having said that, I can't figure out how to hook up the 12V power wire(s) from the slee harness. It's obviously not long enough to be ran straight to the battery. It has ring terminals on the end of the power wires, where do I connect these? I know it should be pretty straight forward. What am I missing? I am also hooking up the aux. lighting harness, same problem with that. Everything else was plug and play.
    Yes, I did a search but evidently I am the only idiot with this problem.

Flame suit on,
    Brad

EDIT: After sitting down with a cold :beer: it dawned on me that FZJ-80's have the battery located on the drivers side. That explains everything. I will call Christo tomorrow.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2005
  2. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

Didn't the harness come with installation instructions? I'm no electrical genius myself, but I was able to follow the steps outlined.

Pretty straight-forward, as I recall.

3. Cruiserdrew

Cruiserdrew On the way there SILVER Star

I don't know anything about the Slee harness. However, I notice you have a 1991 where the battery is on the other side of the engine compartment. Maybe the harness is made for the battery to be on the driver's side. It's a guess, but I suspect the answer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.