SLee Tubed Wing Rear Bumper and Exhaust Tail Pipe (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So who is running Slee's Tubed Wing Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier and also has either the OEM or Custom exhaust tail pipe. A picture or link would be much appreciated. I've been thinking of pulling the trigger on this bumper but would like to get some idea about the tail pipe as my exhaust is custom and the tail pipe comes out closer to the rear cross member as shown in the following thread:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/257199-yet-another-not-so-custom-exhaust.html

:cheers:

Here are some hazy rear views. It almost looks like I have to hang that tail pipe lower or relocate it or some thing.

Thoughts?
v2.jpg
v1.jpg

seems to me that deciding on a bumper based on the location of $20 worth of tail pipe is illogical? If that's the bumper you want have your tail pipe moved, bent, replaced what ever at the local exhaust shop.

After looking at your pics from the link it looks like you could have it dump out like slee's truck above by replacing your chrome tipped section with just 8-12" of straight pipe?

seems to me that deciding on a bumper based on the location of $20 worth of tail pipe is illogical?

mmmm...no.. quite the opposite actually, I want that bumper and will do what ever it is to move the tail pipe. Just wanted to see what others have done.

mmmm...no.. quite the opposite actually, I want that bumper and will do what ever it is to move the tail pipe. Just wanted to see what others have done.

Let the exhaust shop make a recommendation; they should know what's best. Just tell them to keep everything out of harm's way and let them work their magic.

Let the exhaust shop make a recommendation; they should know what's best. Just tell them to keep everything out of harm's way and let them work their magic.

Yeah, that's how I got here; but that's probably what I'll end up doing. Initially I'll probably cut off the tail portion of the pipe if there's interference so I can install the bumper then pound my way to an exhaust shop :lol: ... that's gonna be fun

Not the best shot of my exhaust but here is mine.
091120 ABDSP 4x4002 VNE cropped.jpg

In your original exhaust thread there is a muffler clamp holding on the last section of tail pipe behind the axle. Is that still there or has it been replaced since the original install? If its still there modifying the tail pipe should be easy. Or simply remove that last section to get yourself to the exhaust shop.

If that part got welded somewhere between then and now I'd just cut off the last section trying to keep what ever is left pointing down as much as possible. Although not common this comes to mind if not routed properly or gets damaged as in this case. Exhaust is HOT - Rising Sun Member Forums

And sorry if I came off as a tard earlier, todays been a rough day. Caring for a sick 4 month old at home and dealing with health insurance BS at the same time. I guess I got a different impression from your original question than intended.

No worries man, I know what you are going through with the sick 4 month old, I have done that 4 times myself; and to top it off you've got the Health Insurance ordeal. I feel you brother, hang in there :cheers:

Yeah that clamp is gone and replaced with weld. More than likely I'd have to cut off the tail portion. We'll see.

Dan2722, thanks for the picture, nice Rig.

I did to my exhaust exactly what Slee did in the posted pic above - cut it off in the same place so it vents just behind the tire.

I'll run it up and over my tube bumper on the side at some point, but you can't do that with the Slee. I figure you either cut it off or the trail does it for you.

The trail partially removed the resonator so I finished the job and clamped on a short piece with a down turn that exits right behind the wheel.

Drill a 3.25" hole in the slee bumper, weld in a 3" tube, run your exhaust through the center of the tube.

Like this...

IH8MUD.com - View Single Post - Rear Bumper - inprogess pics - hitch based

Only, if I was to do it over (which I'm going to), I'd go straight out rather than have the turn down - it's too much a pain to get the 2.25" turn down centered in the 3" turn down, and it's also the only part of my exhaust that isn't 2.5"

Slee did not have the Tubed Wing Bumper in stock so I decided to go with the good ole fashioned GEN I Bumper :D. It looks like y'all bought all the Tubed Wing Bumper and left none for me :flipoff2:

Will post pix when it arrives and I get to installing it.

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom