Slee SS Brake Line - different to OEM? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Africaster

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi All, the front pair of the Slee kit doesn’t have a small extension that seems to be for a guide pin on the calipers … install and don’t worry? Appreciated Brad

41845C79-51C6-4E31-AEC0-40123C8A0D36.jpeg

CCD92250-0CA4-4557-9857-918A8CFB7BF1.jpeg

My 99 LC had no issues during install, factory fit and one of the easiest jobs I've done on my vehicle.

Unless this is an LX specific thing with that extension, I certainly don't remember it.

I'd say give the cruiser outfitters guys a call tomorrow. They sell a stainless hardline kit and can hook you up.

Make sure you get the MY specific. 98 and 99 don't have the VSC brake line so you can save some $.

No issues in LX either haha, they're the same. Did the same job on mine a few years ago. Same feedback as Alpine...

2006 LC, just did this last week with no problem, on the rear the little guides on the calipers didn't quite align so I just angled the lines slightly different and they went on with no issue.

There is a guy around here who was very upset they required a 18mm wrench to install however.

I'm running Slee lines without issue. Any aftermarket line will be a touch different. I'm ok with any differences.

Slee kit here, all good without the alignment pins for many miles.

Confirmed telephonically with Slee that those “missing” extensions are to prevent the ring portion of the line torquing when tightening and during wheel direction changing (commonly referred to as “steering“) … so will instal soonish. Thanks all for your inputs. Cheers Brad

My '07 had the Slee brake lines on all four corners when I bought it. Where do the other two lines in the kit go? My line going to the rear axle is OEM and it sure would be nice if it was longer to simplify swapping coils.

My '07 had the Slee brake lines on all four corners when I bought it. Where do the other two lines in the kit go? My line going to the rear axle is OEM and it sure would be nice if it was longer to simplify swapping coils.
One is the flex line between the rear axle and the frame mounted brake line and the other (from Slee's website description) is something to do with VSC

Reactions: GTV
Thanks! Where are you seeing that description?

The 98 to 00 design (5 line kit) shows the rear axle to frame hose, that hose is in the 6 line kit, but the additional line and the listing specifies VSC vs Non VSC.

I called Slee to order my brake line kit and they walked me through the differences, good guys. I don't know the location of this additional line but I'm sure they can help out on it.

Reactions: GTV
The sixth line is also a frame to axle drop in the rear. To make VSC work, the calipers must be independent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom