Slee Slidersteps - AHC vs non AHC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD | ADGU
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.yotamd.com
I have Slee Slidersteps on my 99 LC. I want Slee Sliders on my 06LX.

How do the AHC vs non AHC sliders differ? Is it simple to modify the non AHC sliders to fit AHC?

Welding would be fine, but at some point the custom fab could be enough of a pain I'll just sell the current non AHC and buy an AHC set so I'm trying to get some intel before tearing into it.

@sleeoffroad

Hey suprarx7nut!
I believe the only difference is that the driver side AHC slider only has 2 legs instead of 3 legs. The passenger side slider still has 3 legs.
The driver side frame rail has the addition of the AHC pump between the two accumulators.
I base this info from having a 99lx that I removed the AHC and put on non-AHC sliders. (And I bought my sliders used so if I'm wrong - sorry!)

Here is a pic of my driver side. You can see the leg that is not attached on the left of the picture - that is the center leg. I could not attach it because the top bolt from the AHC pump broke and I couldn't get it removed and it interfered with the big U bolts that bolt the slider to the frame. I'll be fixing that this summer...

IMG_20200216_140615646.jpg

For your question I guess that you could simply remove the center leg from the non AHC slider to fit the AHC. I have read here that not having that center leg hasn't made a difference when wheeling or actually sliding over rocks. The slider is plenty strong!

I can take more pictures for you if you want. I don't know where in Colorado you are but you are welcome to come by too - I'm in Westminster.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
AHC Sliders have two legs per slider, non AHC has 3 legs per slider. AHC sliders will fit a regular LC, but not the other way round.

Perfect, thank you Christo! Are the two legs of the AHC slider the same as the non-AHC? If so, could I cut off the middle leg and end up with essentially an AHC slider?

No, if I recall correctly it is not. I would have to check the drawings to see, but I believe they are in a different spot

Alright, thank you. If you get a chance, any clarification on the difference would be appreciated. If not, I can try to visualize how the non-AHC set would fit (or not fit) on the LX. I'm happy to support you guys with another purchase if it comes to that. Best sliders out there for the 100.

AHC slider pictured on top... comparing the rear outrigger in relation to the body mount and LCA mount, it is positioned at least 3" forward than non-AHC version. The non-AHC slider will interfere with the rear damping force actuator.

IMG_7119.jpeg
IMG_20200216_140615646.jpg

AHC slider pictured on top... comparing the rear outrigger in relation to the body mount and LCA mount, it is positioned at least 3" forward than non-AHC version. The non-AHC slider will interfere with the rear damping force actuator.

View attachment 2215157View attachment 2215159

There we go. Awesome. Thank you very much. Exactly what I needed to see.

@sleeoffroad I'll be coming by for a set of AHC sliders soon!

To close the loop on this, I got the new AHC Slee Slidersteps and installed them yesterday. Installing the U bolts was a little more challenging than I remember the non-AHC version being, but altogether, not too bad. The AHC lines do get in the way and have to be bent out of the way a bit. The end result is fantastic.

The AHC version has a different location for the bracket (at least rear) and as @hoser shows in the pics, it's not simply 1 extra leg in the non-AHC. Rather, the AHC rear leg is shuffled in between the two. Converting a non-AHC slider into an AHC slider would be a significant task. Glad I just bought a new set.

I think the build quality on the Slee armor is the gold standard of refinement in the aftermarket armor world. The powder coating is very uniform and flawless. Parts neatly packaged in separate bags, instructions, protective packaging, etc... It's all top notch. Thanks for making an awesome product Christo @sleeoffroad . The remodeled shop looks amazing as well.

1584635929109.png

1584635952737.png

How close is the fitment by the plastic cladding on the front fenders? Wasn’t Ikarus having issues with these sliders hitting the plastic when the sliders made contact with rocks? I think he had to grind away at the plastic to make more clearance.

How close is the fitment by the plastic cladding on the front fenders? Wasn’t Ikarus having issues with these sliders hitting the plastic when the sliders made contact with rocks? I think he had to grind away at the plastic to make more clearance.

No issues at all for me upon initial installation. I shot some video that I'll eventually post up to YouTube. For now, here's a screenshot of that area.

There's a little tab for the running board that sticks down a bit, but I can't see anything problematic so far. Even when I adjusted them up into the car as much as possible, I didn't notice a problem. I suppose I'll find out once I crash down on them a time or two.

1584638319343.png

Larger tires and/or different offset wheels might require the Slee slider to be moved back an additional 1/2-3/4". It can be done by removing one of the bolts for the AHC actuator covers and rotating the cover to gain clearance. The tab will still be pinned down by the slider mount.

ebd54289-6fad-4fee-8bdb-952f39441a2e-jpeg.1920262
94320948-e34d-40d9-b16e-68001dfb64d6-jpeg.1920263

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom