Slee Slider (w) Boards

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by landtoy80, Aug 25, 2003.

1. landtoy80

landtoy80

While at Slee Offroad getting the t-case skid plate I asked if they had the old running board style slider. They did 8). I installed them at a hotel parkinglot in Silverthorne CO. They were easy to install even though I only had metric tools. I layed under the 80 and lifted and bolted them on with no problems. The driver slider middle support needs a shim ( Christo has them but I didn't make it back to his shop) as there is a gap there. I will try to make one or have him ship it to me. I tried it on some rocks with the running boards on (they bolt on the slider) I hit a rock hard and there was no damage :) The t-case skid plate bolts up to the slider. The skid plate is very heavy duty. They had a dented one at there shop. It must of hurt when they hit that rock. The t-case would of been trashed if the stock plate would of been on. If you don't have one you better get one before it is to late.
    I didn't plan on getting the slider but it made the wife and kids happy that they can get in and out of the 80 with ease now (they short) :D

2. snowcruiser

snowcruiser

kurt, how do you like the wild country tires? traction, ice, snow, mileage, noise, etc.?

3. landtoy80

landtoy80

The Wild Country RVT (mud) is the tire I have used since 1985. Its a great tire. I ran the P235/15 on my Toyota mini and I got 60k mi on them. The LT 285 I have now have some noise but not that bad. They are great on ice,snow, mud etc. The best part is if you find the right dealer they are a lot cheaper than namebrand tires. I paid about $135 for LT 285/75/R16 each. I rotate them and use the balancing sand Counteract. That stuff works too. Equal I think is the other brand of balancing sand. I have the semi type but should ues the auto type Counteract. Every time I called Counteract they gave me a differernt answer to my question. I ended up with 4oz in the tire. 3.5 oz made the tire shake till it balanced out.
    kurt
    I just checked their site and they say 4oz now. Last year they said I could use the semi type at 3.5 oz. Now I should use 4oz of the auto stuff ::)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.