Slee Skid Plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do the cruisin skids mount around metal tech slider u bolts without modification?

Do the cruisin skids mount around metal tech slider u bolts without modification?

My Cruisin’ skid plates fit fine with my Slee step slider u bolts.

I have the Slee full belly and it will work for most. I dont like any full belly mainly because I see a lot of contact on the sides away from the tcase. I have bent it in a couple of places also, YMMV. If Iron Pig ever offers free shipping again I will most likely upgrade and cut off the un-needed skid (IMO) over the trans.

img_3249-jpg.1128517

Last edited:
We need the one CreeperSleeper came up with, but he no longer makes it. Sold his design to someone and he has not done any of them yet.

Will these skid plate bolt on an hdj81? I think it should but bot sure

I have the IPOR skid and it is great. I ordered mine in October of 2017. You may call them and see when they will have more in stock.

Just talked to Iron Pig Off-road today, skid plates are in stock and website was corrected an hour ago. Shipping is steep as Phil mentioned but it is hard to beat the strength of the product and how tight it is to the rails.

IMG_1029.PNG

Last edited:
@LandCruiserPhil: Interesting to compare two big-name belly skids (Slee & Cruisin Offroad). I hear ya relative to the need for transfer vs. transmission skids...my transfer skid gets beat up regularly, but hardly a scratch on the transmission skid. This said, I'm still glad to have both!

@finseeker and @fj62max: Some pics that might be useful when contemplating what will fit. The combination shown is Cruisin's skid plate pair, with Metal Tech sliders. The rig is a '97. The exhaust after the cats jumps over the frame, but for several years I ran the factory below-frame routing with this same armor configuration, without issue.

01 20171219_180733.jpg

02 20171219_180955.jpg

03 20171219_181706.jpg

04 20171219_181831.jpg

I have an IPOR skid i'll be happy to trade you for a cruising' skid?

Yeah I’m sold on the cruisin skids.

I can't comment on any others but my Slee skid plate has held up great to everything I've thrown at it. My Land Cruiser has been through trails from one side of the country to the other. Several trips to Moab and SW Colorado trails, the Rubicon, Katemcy Rocks here in Texas along with dang near every other park in the state, Hot Springs ORV, Windrock Park, and I'm sure there is more I'm missing. I do a pretty good mix of trails and have the body damage to show but the Slee skid plate always keeps the important bits from getting hurt.

:beer:

I have an IPOR skid i'll be happy to trade you for a cruising' skid?
"
Mine?!? "...when you pry them from my cold, dead hands..."

Nah, I'm happy with Cruisin's design. Fair price, but wasn't cheap getting both trans & xfr. They ain't perfect, but close to it. Looked around a lot and pondered the options intently before buying, 'cause I'm a cheap mutha'...in the end, I don't know what else would be better for my rig. Keeping perspective, we're dang lucky to have a variety of good designs to choose from and banter about.

We need the one CreeperSleeper came up with, but he no longer makes it. Sold his design to someone and he has not done any of them yet.

I've reached out to him to see if he'd like to sell the design/jig before I go into a similar design. I'll give it a couple of weeks.

Other wise I'll have across between it and the cruisin plates.

J

I've reached out to him to see if he'd like to sell the design/jig before I go into a similar design. I'll give it a couple of weeks.

J

I love that design as it manages to have no exposed bolts.
Not sure how interested the guy is in making those available. We haven't heard anything about it lately.

J

Oh and FWIW, not sure if you read creeper's thread, a few of us suggested back then a brace going up to the frame.

If you ever decide to get this project moving forward maybe you can look into that suggestion.

I love that design as it manages to have no exposed bolts.
Not sure how interested the guy is in making those available. We haven't heard anything about it lately.

I have everything in-house now.. CNC table and brake and a great machine shop a couple of doors down. I'd make the plate itself as one main piece and then have my machinist mill the new crossmember tube.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom