Slee Skid Plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone had a chance to use the new Slee skid plate for the 80 series. Been planning to add one and have looked at the IPO version and that was the plan but then I saw Slees which looks really good as well. Anyone know which provides better coverage? More heavy duty?

I have the Slee skid plate that replaces the cross member, is that the one you are asking about?
I have dragged it over some boulders and it did OK, I can't compare it to others as I've not had nor seen the IPO in action.
Do a bit of searching, seems someone posted up about the IPO when I was looking to buy a skid plate a couple of years ago.
I had to take the back stiffening lip off to clear the oversize tank, so it bent a little.

Last edited:
Just bought a Cruisin Offroad set of 1/4" plates at the recommendation of @baldilocks . Should be ready early Feb. He's having a batch made up now.

I thought I saw the IPOR was no longer available.

Last edited:
There are two Slee skids for the 80. I'm not sure which is the newer one, but I have the smaller cheaper one and it's quite beefy. Maybe not Rubicon worthy, but I'm not doing the Rubicon.

I have the Slee skid plate that replaces the cross member and it's pretty solid. Can't compare it to other skid plates but I ran the Kokopelli trail last May and smacked a few spots and it was just fine.

New Slee Skid Plate

Just bought a Cruisin Offroad set of 1/4" plates at the recommendation of @baldilocks . Should be ready early Feb. He's having a batch made up now.

This would be what I'd get if I wasn't so cheap :slap:

Nothing against Slee, but 3/16" just doesn't have the a$$ of 1/4" plate.

I was looking at the Slee at one point, went with Cruisin Offroad since both the transfer case and transmission skids seem to have a tad bit more clearance and extra protection for a little more $$. Either product is good in my opinion

IPOR is strongest I've seen. Mine has taken crazy abuse and is still straight as a nail.

I have the Slee skid plate that replaces the cross member and it's pretty solid. Can't compare it to other skid plates but I ran the Kokopelli trail last May and smacked a few spots and it was just fine.

New Slee Skid Plate
Yes this one

Its showing still available

skidplate.png

Its says out of stock though. Hmm didn't see that.

It shows out of stock for a long time, so maybe they dont make it anymore. I was planning on getting one and rear bumper, but both are out, have been out, for at least a year.

Cruisin Off Road - Skid Plates

I know he is making an 80 Series batch very soon. Imported from the great white north, so both rugged and polite ... eh.

IPOR is rock solid.

Cruisin Off Road - Skid Plates

I know he is making an 80 Series batch very soon. Imported from the great white north, so both rugged and polite ... eh.

I’d reckon just about any skid plate is better than stock. I debated a long time between Slee’s skid plate and Cruisin’s, and might have gone with IPOR or the Redneck special if they were actually in stock and ready to go.

Finally went with Cruisin Off Road’s. Liked the idea of retaining the stock crossmember. Really well done piece of kit.

Did add Slee’s rear locker and front AC dryer skid plates.

Feel VERY protected now.

Last edited:
^^^ I will be doing exactly the same on those pieces too.

I have had the IPOR skid for a long time... probably one of the first they made (not bragging just showing my age). I've beat the crap out of it and it's stout. However, i don't like all the hang-up points on it. I prefer a more complete skid like slee and the cruising off road have. I think if i were to get another one, i'd go for either. Slee is always good equipment, but those cruising skids look like in combo that's the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom