Slee single swingout tire carrier! Group purchase? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I gave Slee a call yesterday to order some parts, but while speaking with them I asked if the single swing-out was in the works again. It didn't seem like they had one in the near future, but it may be possible if we could get at least five buyers to pre purchase, then maybe an order would be placed for ten bumpers. There was by no means any commitment by Slee and it was just an idea. I do not know if this is possible. I thought I would bring it up and kick the idea around. Who knows, if there is enough interest maybe we coud bring it back....

Why not get the current bumper and just buy the tire swing out, and not the ladder?

Or is it a left vs right thing?

My thought also but I'm guessing some might prefer the centered tire vs. the offset right with the current dual swing-out bumper.

if it were me, I'd get the side one just so there is room for expansion later on and easier resale.

FWIW...I like my dual swing outs.

Why is having the spare centered rather than offset more desirable?

My guess would be the blind spot and the covering of the back lights.:popcorn:

Why is having the spare centered rather than offset more desirable?

Why is having it offset more desirable?

:D :flipoff2:

I think it looks better centered and doesnt block the taillights as mentioned.

I dont think resale should be concern for stuff like this, whatever I get, Im keeping for a looooonnnngggg time. I don't see a huge advantage to having it on side as far as expansion goes. For me, expansion, is not a concern.

Well, it doesn't block all of the tail light, and if I am not mistake really none of the brake lighting. Further, I would rather have my vision obscured on one side that in the right in the middle.
slee.jpg

Well, it doesn't block all of the tail light, and if I am not mistake really none of the brake lighting. Further, I would rather have my vision obscured on one side that in the right in the middle.

If and when can you take a picture like your backing up? a few from the inside would be helpful to us that don't have them and want to know how much it blocks the rear view.

thanks

Ok, here are a few....

From rear view mirror, pretty much sitting in the driver position and looking back:

rearviewmirror.jpg

Looking back and photographing from about the center of the interior at the console:

rear1.jpg

And, all you need to overcome this, and what I use as much as my rear view mirror, definitely when I have cargo in the rear to the ceiling, and has never failed me (zero blind spots when used on both outside rear mirrors).

rearmirrowoutside.jpg

convex blindspot/trailer mirrors are a must! No blind spots and really help when backing up.

Last edited:
Thanks, those pics help a lot, doesn't look as bad as I thought, I would think the center mount would be worse.

The other advantage (a big one IMHO) is you don't need as much room behind the vehicle to swing the tire carrier out. Whether parallel parked on the street with another car tight behind you, or stuck backed up against a rock or tree and needing to get into the cargo area for recovery gear, the short arm could be a life-saver!

Another one - less weight and leverage on the spindle with the shorter arm.

Well that was easy enough..Thanks all. It seems like most like the idea of the dual swing-outs. Works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom