SLEE Short bus bumper on JDM HDJ81 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched around but couldn't find anyone that had installed a short bus bumper on a Japanese import 80 series. I just picked up a 1993 HJD81 and assume the bumper would work but is there anyone out there that has done it? Any oddities with the install on a RHD turbo diesel? TIA

I searched around but couldn't find anyone that had installed a short bus bumper on a Japanese import 80 series. I just picked up a 1993 HJD81 and assume the bumper would work but is there anyone out there that has done it? Any oddities with the install on a RHD turbo diesel? TIA
Why not contact Slee?

Why not contact Slee?

I should have added that in the first post. I did call them and they weren't sure. He said there are so many variables and they can't be experts on everything. So, I thought I would reach out here and see if anyone has actually done it.

Last edited:
I should have added that in the first post. I did call them and they weren't sure. He said they are so many variables and they can't be experts on everything. So, I thought I would reach out here and see if anyone has actually done it.
That doesn't sound like his regular folks. Christo is incredibly knowledgeable, especially about their own products.

That doesn't sound like his regular folks. Christo is incredibly knowledgeable, especially about their own products.

We have no direct experience of putting the bumper on a HDJ81, hence we can't guarantee fitment. One would think it is 100% the same as the US trucks, but since we have never done the install, I can't comment that there could not be something bolted to the frame, or in front of the radiator / coolers that might interfere with the install.

Slee's bumper fit perfectly on my 1990 HDJ81. Had to relocate the air temperature sensor to get the winch in place and then again when installing an intercooler, but the bumper itself fit like a glove.

grill1.jpeg

More details including some pictures during installation can be found here...

Well I guess I will find out. I bought one and am picking it up Friday. I'm sure I can make it work, just hoping there is a bunch of stuff in the way.
You like doing things the hard way? :rofl:

As bj70_guy said I fits perfect. Had mine on 4 years.
56B264D3-9AB1-4CAB-94F2-FECF388FBE38.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom