slee rear lower arms...any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was thinking of replacing my rear lower arm bushings soon with new OEM. I figure about $100 for all 4 bushings and the hassle of finding a press to use and the time to press them in and out adds up. Slee has there arms for $250 for a stronger arm, new bushings on one end and a sealed flex joint on the other. Install should be easy since I don't have to deal with the bushings or and down time to find a press. But how do the slee bushings stack up to OEM for longevity, articulation and vibration? Has anyone used these?

Oem bushings are a lot cheaper then that. I just got a quote from Beno. $8 for all four. You can sleeve your stock arms too.

Scratch that price.....I think. Looks too cheap not sure if he quoted me for the right part.

I know the panhard bushings are somw where around 20-25 each...I think. Besides, don't screw with my rational to but cool stuff! Just joking. I appreciate honest feedback.q

That makes the slee stuff look even better. But only if they are as good as OEM.

I was thinking I paid between 32-35$ each for all of my suspension bushings. 8$ sounds more like swaybar bushings.

Arms are great. His first poly bushings I went thru real quick, only to find out I didn't install them correctly.
I replaced with OEM factory parts after I tried a set of cheap internet Moog parts that lasted a year or so.

So
Arms are great. His first poly bushings I went thru real quick, only to find out I didn't install them correctly.
I replaced with OEM factory parts after I tried a set of cheap internet Moog parts that lasted a year or so.
did you have to eventually install OEM in one end of his lower rear arms? I think one end is a flex joint and the other a rubber bushing. Do you know which one failed for you?

i jacked them all up. (that happens when you just throw a bolt thru and not the spacer tube)
If all I did was washboards and trails, they probably never would have splayed out, but the Rubicon has a way of showing you your weakness real quick. That, and I towed a heavy ass pop up trailer, launched dunes in Pismo and pretty much drove it like I stole it thinking I was invincible.
The arms are solid, I just bent them up this summer again, but I can get them to go back straight. Way tougher than stock and the ends have taken some pretty hard shots of granite and are still looking perfectly round. Sliding 7K pounds on them is going to bend whatever you put there. the coating is great too, no rust from the ocean water I like to run thru.

Just for comparison's sake (because I know you mentioned using the Slee LCA) but LT's LCAs are solid rod, massive ends and OEM rubber already installed. But they are for a 4" lift so might not be ideal for you.

Just for comparison's sake (because I know you mentioned using the Slee LCA) but LT's LCAs are solid rod, massive ends and OEM rubber already installed. But they are for a 4" lift so might not be ideal for you.

So they're a different length?

Slee - Toyota 80 Land Cruiser Series Suspension Arms
i think you were reading the 100 series arms for the bushing/flex thing. the HD 80 arms are bushings at both ends, he has a poly flex bushing, but all 4 for both arms would be the same. I liked those, but ruined them, and went to OEM instead.
I bought the 6" lift kit and installed them that way. If you buy any of them, find a steel plug to do the install, and try to do them all from the same side while in the press. I used sockets as well as an aluminum plug, but it was too soft and mushroomed out after the second one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom