slee rear bumper cb antenna mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DirtScaresMe

Trouble Maker
Threads
Website
facebook.com
Curious about this one. There's a mount down the lower bumper (big piece) which would allow the spring to flex and bend the antenna back. The higher mount (pictured) doesn't really do much for front-to-back impacts (the typical problem). Any feedback or ideas on this? Probably will put the antenna down below instead of letting it get snapped.

mx2lkiB.jpg

I put mine where the stock antennae was and used a splitter for FM and CB. Works great and now my radio channels come in more clear as well. :)

I put mine where the stock antennae was and used a splitter for FM and CB. Works great and now my radio channels come in more clear as well. :)

I snapped my stock antenna on tree branch last year, reception has sucked accordingly. I got a new flexy-springy one that I'm putting up there. But I just dig the big tall CB whips, always loved them. Popping that guy on the rear. Somehow.

Do you have more information on how you did that? I'm curious about what antenna you used and how that works. I never thought of that idea and it sounds really nice!

On my old Slee rear bumper, I put my antenna in the same place you have in the photo, up top. And took it off when I wasn't using it, which was pretty much always. haha

I put my antenna on the high mount and a back up light on the lower. I have a quick disconnect on my antenna and take it down when I expect to bump it. If you use the lower there isn't much space to actually connect it.

I put all my antennas on the front bumper and the slee bumper up top gets reverse light and bottom mount gets camera. With the VHF, UHF radios I was told the back location was not a good one. Not sure if CB antennas are as fickle. Then every time I see the Australian rigs, they would have the antennas mounted on the front also. I wish I understood more about these things.

I snapped my stock antenna on tree branch last year, reception has sucked accordingly. I got a new flexy-springy one that I'm putting up there. But I just dig the big tall CB whips, always loved them. Popping that guy on the rear. Somehow.

I added the flexi springy antenna in place of the stock one. They work really well for FM/Am reception. It also serves as a speedometer. If it has a 90 degree angle from the wind, Im going 110kmh :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom