Slee rear bumper brackets? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fj80oregon

GOLD Star
Threads
so I received my rear bumper from Slee today and of course ripped the old one off before inventory and now it’s to late to talk with them. Question is my wing support brackets are rough metal and not powder coated like every other component. This has to be wrong? Any thoughts? Was planning on installing tonight.

06CB0AA5-36D1-4B93-A07D-E085DA83A2ED.jpeg

Hi @Fj80oregon, the brackets are clear zinc coated. They are meant to be that way. The coating is extremely resilient. Due to the stress/flexy nature and proximity to the tires flinging crud, they hold up a lot longer than if they were powder coated in that particular place.

Cheers and congrats on the new bumper!!

Hi @Fj80oregon, the brackets are clear zinc coated. They are meant to be that way. The coating is extremely resilient. Due to the stress/flexy nature and proximity to the tires flinging crud, they hold up a lot longer than if they were powder coated in that particular place.

Awesome news thanks for the reply! I was worried I would be held up.

Another question can I run the factory receiver hitch? It looks like it would be at a weird angle with how thick the Slee rear most attaching point to the cross member? Any feed back instructions how to keep factory hitch would be awesome! Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom