Slee rear bumper and Solid OffRoad Sliders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OGBeno

23303-56040
GOLD Star
Threads
Beautiful on both counts.

Am quite happy with my decision to go with Christo's rear bumper and with 2BadFj's sliders. The sliders are welded to the framerail via tube outriggers.

Since my truck is an east coast rust bucket, some of the rear bumper welded nuts were too rusty to bolt into or had previousl bolts busted inside of them. Instead of dealing with tapping and dieing it, I decided to just weld some portions of the rear bumper to the framerail for added support.

Qiute happy with the results. Testing in the future....

Best regards.
-onur
Akron, OH
P8230001.JPG

Last edited:
what's up with your paint? :)

Damn that's a nice bumper.

beno said:
Herculined exterior and interior.

For aesthetic reasons...

:flipoff2:

cool, the one I am getting has some sort of military rubberized material they used in toxic barrels. Looks like we will have twins to some extent! :)

nice armor beno, are those sliders bolt on or weld on?

congrats DanKunz, I guess you bought Robin's 80? I've seen that truck, very cool.

casey said:
nice armor beno, are those sliders bolt on or weld on?

congrats DanKunz, I guess you bought Robin's 80? I've seen that truck, very cool.

Yep, I am sending him the rest of the $ today and getting it in a few weeks.

Beno, nice looking by the way.

I really like the width of the sliders, will help keep you off of things!

lookin' good. Trying not to hyjack the post but could you post up in a month or so and let me know if your herculiner is fading out pretty bad? Mine is....it doesn't look too bad and a squirt of armorale tire foam makes it look brand new. Still, after the armorale has been rinsed off, the sun beating down takes it from black to a grey.

Arright!! Looking good Onur! Now you can really hit some (s***) rocks and not worry about it. I would also like to know or probably see some pics of the mounting setups of these sliders.

:cheers:

concretejungle said:
lookin' good. Trying not to hyjack the post but could you post up in a month or so and let me know if your herculiner is fading out pretty bad? Mine is....it doesn't look too bad and a squirt of armorale tire foam makes it look brand new. Still, after the armorale has been rinsed off, the sun beating down takes it from black to a grey.

mine has faded a little over time. armor-all type "cleaners" do help, but if it gets too ugle down the road, I figure I'll just tape it off and throw some rattle can high gloss black on it.

Look'n good, Onur! Must've been a trick getting everything mounted and welded without one of your opposable digits!! :eek:

Next up: de-virginizing the new armor :bounce:

Riad said:
Arright!! Looking good Onur! Now you can really hit some (s***) rocks and not worry about it. I would also like to know or probably see some pics of the mounting setups of these sliders.

Thanks Riad...next year at Paragon, we'll try to smash these up!

I will take pics tomorrow of the mounts--basically tube to bracket to framerail and then welded on. I prefer weld on as opposed to bolt on. Less to worry about.

Hants said:
Look'n good, Onur! Must've been a trick getting everything mounted and welded without one of your opposable digits!! :eek:

Next up: de-virginizing the new armor :bounce:

It wasn't too bad. My good buddy Landwagon did the welding (he's really good) and I put them on the end of a tow motor to get them into position. Did some grinding, tack welded them for fitment and then Timmy went to town on them We had both sides up in 20 minutes.

Devirginizing is indeed next, though probably won't be till Toys for Tots in December in Attica, IN.

Maybe I'll take a special devirginizing trip back out to CO...

:grinpimp: :flipoff2:

-o-

Looks good Beno! You're gonna love Christo's fine design each time you use it. I can't tell you how many GM, Fode & Doge owners come up to me and ask about it! I've got a co-worker with a Rubicon and he has a rear bumper with swing out tire carrier...only his shakes and wobbles (and that's with a 31"!!!)...as you know Christo's is rock solid.

I too had an issue, since my LC came from the rustcoast, with the frame nuts...however I was able to knock them out of the way and insert real washers/nuts from the end-frame opening...it was tough but got it done.

NorCalDoug said:
mine has faded a little over time. armor-all type "cleaners" do help, but if it gets too ugle down the road, I figure I'll just tape it off and throw some rattle can high gloss black on it.

Good deal. I was thinking the same.

Hey Onur, two questions dude. I made the assumption that you have J springs. Neverthless, did the rear bumper lowered your truck's over all or rear height ? Do you feel any height difference during coasting and or stop n go traffic due to the weight of the bumper?

Thanks man :cheers:

Onur,
This is probably something that has been covered before, but what about your tag being covered by your spare?

Looks great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom