Slee Mount with Smittybilt Compressor? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone tried to mount a Smittybilt compressor in the engine bay with or without the Slee Mount? Trying to get it in there the easiest way. Any ideas would be lovely. Thanks

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 2.44.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 2.44.22 PM.png

If you have AHC this won't work but I put a Viair 400p int the bay next to the air-box. I don't have a pic super handy put here is the page on my build thread. If you do have AHC then you can probably do it in front of the air-box.

Last edited:
Curious as well. I have that same compressor and no AHC, so I have plenty of room to mount it on PS side. Not sure if that compressor will work with the Slee mount, though. May need some fab work to make it fit/function.

Just a thought—grab the outer dimensions of the ARB twin compressor, and compare that to your Smitty compressor.

I have a Viair 460 mounted between the airbox and headlight. Don't know the dimensions of the smittybuilt but you can compare that to the 460

I cant believe Slee and Smittybuilt were used in the same sentence.

If i was going to mount a compressor in the engine bay, I would use a better quality one. Master Flow, Viair etc. id rather do it right the first time.

If i was going to mount a compressor in the engine bay, I would use a better quality one. Master Flow, Viair etc. id rather do it right the first time.

That Smittybilt compressor is suprisingly pretty good. Regularly airs up all 4 of my 285s from 12-15 psi to 35 psi within a few minutes and without overheating. I've yet to blow the inline fuse. If one was to install air lockers front and rear, then certainly a better compressor might be in order...

Pictures of it if you could?

Info is here:
Page 478
Post 9549

Last edited:
Direct link:
The MUD 100 series Photos thread - post 9549

Nice install! and like the use of the sliders for the tank. (posts 9553 & 9554)

Info is here:
Page 478
Post 9549

I have the same compressor as well and it is pretty good. I regularly get complimented on it by others I'm airing back up with, and always end up letting those with smaller or slower compressors use mine when I inevitably finish well before everyone else.

My plan was to semi-perma-mount mine in my rear cargo drawers with an air fitting on the face, just inside the tailgate.

My plan was to semi-perma-mount mine in my rear cargo drawers with an air fitting on the face, just inside the tailgate
My only concern with that location would be whether the compressor gets enough air flow there to coil down after use. My Smittybilt gets pretty hot to the touch after airing up 2 or more vehicles consecutively.

i believe smitty built licenses from master flow, they did with the diablow mf1089 version as they maintained a similar model number.

Smittybilt Q89 Dual Cylinder Air Compressor Amazon product ASIN B001CF4V0C

My only concern with that location would be whether the compressor gets enough air flow there to coil down after use. My Smittybilt gets pretty hot to the touch after airing up 2 or more vehicles consecutively.
Agreed. In my head I've got two computer fans bringing cool air into the space and pushing hot air out of it. Meh, idk.

I also just found this in some researching. Could be helpful for those using their compressors enough to mount them in the truck.

Anyone besides slee make an air compressor mount for the engine bay?

The slee is for a 2nd battery as well as a compressor. I don’t need that just a simple mount for an air compressorb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom