SLEE interior rear tire carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey I have a quick question and YES I searched a bit (not that long due to walking out the door to work at the moment). Does anyone know from personal use if the SLEE rear interior tire mount will hold a 37inch tire? I need and want to order one BUT wanted to make sure it would fit. Called SLEE and they suggest I check on here just to make sure and hear feedback.
Thanks for any support on this,
Laterz!
land cruiser muddy.jpg

SLEE doesn't know how big of a tire will fit on their own carrier? Bad Christo!

I know it fits a 35" tire. Never checked on a 37" tire. I will have another 80 at the shop today and I can check, The mount is adjustable up and own, so any tire that will fit vertically will work, I was just not sure on the distance to the tailgate. Never did measure that when we made the bar. I can remember that we checked to make sure a 35" tire fit. When we designed that, 37's was not a common tire to put on 80's.

Thanks Christo for the reply on this and I totally understand.

I know there is someone out there though that has at least tried this.......if so, if you could let me know. I will be ordering one up from you Christo ASAP when I get the green light it will fit! :beer::beer:

never tried a 37" but this is how much room a 35" takes up...
Hope it helps.
P1060536 [1600x1200].jpg
P1060537 [1600x1200].jpg

I'll put my one of my 37.6" trail tractor tires on in the next 30 minutes when my wife gets back with the vehicle to see if it works. I didn't realize a 35" would take up that much room! I think a 37" would fit like a glove!

I'll put my one of my 37.6" trail tractor tires on in the next 30 minutes when my wife gets back with the vehicle to see if it works. I didn't realize a 35" would take up that much room! I think a 37" would fit like a glove!

THANK YOU so much if you could do that! And thanks to the Gent who posted the pic of the 35 inch tire as well. That gives me an idea if it should work or not.
I will wait to see if the 37.5 inch tire fits in the coming picture!:bounce::clap::clap:

Here you go buddy (37.6" x 12.4" tractor tire on a 10" rim-it completely fit; tailgate and hatch closed perfectly):
P1000569.jpg

Doesn't that put too much weight on that side? Increasing center of gravity?

Never wheeled with fat kid in your rear driver side seat? :flipoff2:

I dont think it would effect things that much. ;)

Never wheeled with fat kid in your rear driver side seat? :flipoff2:

I dont think it would effect things that much. ;)

LOL... Make sure you have a fat kid counter balance in the front passenger seat! :p

Lol, that is a huge tire back there!

Can also you mount those SLEE tire carrier on the right rear? reason im askin these 'cuz sort of balance the weight in the 80s since my fat as#$%^& sat on the driver seat (or the left hand side).

You can mount it on either side. And that is not my spare ;). I just put one of my trail tires in to show that a 37" tire will fit. I think a 39" or 40" would be the limit though. The tire does replace the seat on one side, so it isn't that much heavier...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom