Slee In The Persian Gulf??? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
youtube.com
Well, my girlfriend dragged me to see that new movie "Syriana" last night. It was a late show and i was tired, so i really wasnt into it. As i start to doze off, she Nudges me and says "Honey, look, Landcruisers" I looked up and there was a Caravan of 100 series solid axles and a turbo diesal 80 series. Way cool! Then they showed the guys walking around the rigs and got close ups.

Anyway, they were almost all outfitted with custom bumpers front and rear and the 100 series rigs had the swing sway carriers too. Only saw a few glimpses but they looked like slee unit or at least similar! Anyone else catch this?

Top secret project?

The whole down side of this, is that at least 2 of the very nice solid axle 105's got blown up to bits :(

p.s. other then the LC's the movie sucked! :D

FYI, if you saw 2 "105's" in the movie they had 6 or more on set, and will be around here in LA somewhere... I'll keep my eyes out as they will eventually end up on a used car lot. I know one of the companies who do most of the "movie" cars is right here in my town, I'll see what I can find out.

Right they are 105's not 100's.

Wrench said:
Right they are 105's not 100's.

100's or 105's are both considered 100 Series right? :flipoff2:

AMMO said:
FYI, if you saw 2 "105's" in the movie they had 6 or more on set, and will be around here in LA somewhere... I'll keep my eyes out as they will eventually end up on a used car lot. I know one of the companies who do most of the "movie" cars is right here in my town, I'll see what I can find out.

Cool, they were painted like a light olive drab color and i think one was tan. Like i said, i was 1/2 asleep! :D

I saw George Clooney, driving a LC on the CBS lot last week. Maybe he decided to keep one for himself.

Boston Mangler said:
100's or 105's are both considered 100 Series right? :flipoff2:

No, not really.

A 100 is a 100 and a 105 is a 105.

Touche!

Do they make the Solid Axle 100 Series in a Gas version and the 105 is a diesal version? I am curious! I got the new ARB Catalog and it shows a beautiful 100 or 105 (i dont know the differences) solid axle diesal truck with Turbo badging that is my dream rig! :D

What are the differences between the 100 and the 105? I am curious

Last edited:
Boston Mangler said:
What are the differences between the 100 and the 105? I am curious

100= IFS
105= SFA

Doc said:
100= IFS
105= SFA

What about the diesals? Are they available in both series?

Has anyone seen the solid axle 100 (or 105) in the new ARB catalog? WOW is that thing cool!

Syriana was filmmed in Dubai UAE where plenty of fabrication shops that do the bumpers for a fraction of slee's

105's will be diesels since they are not available in the US. I do not know about 100 series availability outside the US, generally if they are sold outside the US they are diesels, inside the US gets the boring gassers.

Or the 105s can have 1FZEs! Sometime there will be some cool 105 pictures published in TT.

A few observations...

As Dan pointed out, these trucks (100 v. 105) are indeed, completely different, though they appear the same at first glance. In the international markets where these trucks are sold, however, they typically do not use this distinction. They will most often refer to them simply as the "Standard Wagon," or the "GX" wagon, etc.

The most common 105s are:
- FZJ105-GCMRK - Petrol 105
- HZJ105-GCMRS - Diesel 105
- HZJ105-GNMNS - Diesel 105 GX

If you want an interesting read on the 105s, and other international models, and the pile of goodies they offer as OEM equipment, have a look at one of the largest international distributors of these trucks: Toyota Gibralter Stockholdings

BTW, not only are these trucks not permitted for sale in North America, last time I checked they were still on the so-called "banned" list for private importation. There is a long list of DOT mechanical and safety requirements that these trucks were not designed for, and do not meet.

Cheers, R -

There are IFS 100s in the middle east with with the 1fZ and 5 speed manuals... I have personally ridden in one in Dubai :grinpimp: and I was in the third row seat ::princess:

No it's not. If it was then it would be a 60.........;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom