Slee camber trunions?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For bent housings? I have an issue I suspect these will correct. Assuming the 3 degrees is variable as you clock them in various positions the camber becomes caster and vise versa?

These are kinda new I think, nobody with feedback?

I have them, install was pretty straight forward. But mine are set up only for caster correction.

Do they have specific clocking increments or is it infinite?

Thanks for posting!

They have a single line in the top of the races for indexing, so technically infinite I guess. Not difficult to index parallel or perpendicular to the face of the ball but specific angles might be tricky.

Here is a comparison of the OE bearings vs the koyo's that come with the slee kit. You definitely sacrifice some size.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1414284895.873495.jpg

So it's just the outer bearing race thats eccentric? Thanks for those pics, I think I'll get a set.

I'm actually, intentionally putting more neg camber on my truck at the knuckles. Short of intentionally bending the housing(because that would occur inboard of the birf joint and reak havic on the inner axle seal and alignment of it thru the axle housing). You can ride the limits of casters road handling and still steer nicely if you play with the arc of where caster and camber take you at the knuckle.

Something similar has been used in circle track cars to employ better steering, but I'm not really chasing the same thing. They actually bend the housings and sacrifice carrier bearing life in the diff. Not at all my intentions.

Let us know how this goes, camber on a straight axle is not something usually messed with but all sports cars add camber.
Right. Just cut up the strut towers for a guy who's installing some slotted coilover mounting plates and ls3 in an old 240z

Sounds like a good experiment. Probably won't notice a lot of difference in a lifted 80 and you might get slightly faster tire wear on the inside edge necessitating more frequent rotations but if you use the 1 degree who knows might work great.

From the factory
The street settings on my gtr were -1.4 to -1.51
The track settings were -1.44 to -1.75

They do what they say they do. The only issue is the bearing is smaller, so it could be argued they will not last as long. We have no long term data on that part. And yes, we have used them to introduce some camber for better handling and turning on lifted trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom