SLEE brand lift kit 1.5” vs Ironman Foam Cell Pro 2” stage 2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have input or experience with either of those? I think the diff drop is a must, and both have it. But the Ironman doesn’t have an option for UCAs. The SLEE kit has the option, and I was advised it would be a good idea.

It looks like the SLEE kit is maybe a more premium ride, but is the UCA upgrade really that important at 1.5” of lift?

SLEE $4200 with UCA
Ironman $1800 with free shipping.
Decent amount of cheddar difference. The SLEE shocks look impressive and SLEE is proud of them. Across the board the Ironman springs, bars, diff drop actually costs more, but the SLEE makes up the difference with those shocks.

Any better alternatives? I want something that makes me feel like I’m floating down a washboard road!

Last edited:
I’m running a pretty mild 1.5” ‘lift’ up front with Ironman components. 2 years w/ no diff drop, stock UCA’s and no issues. My CV boots were pretty new when the lift happened though.

No experience w/ slee suspension components but everything else of theirs has been top notch.

Last edited:
Any better alternatives? I want something that makes me feel like I’m floating down a washboard road!
I run OME springs and Ironman FCPs; about 1.5" lift. No diff drop or UCAs based on the shop's recommendation. The ride is better than any iteration of 200 I have had. (Stock Land Cruiser, Land Cruiser with BP-51s, LX570)

I run the FCP stuff. It's the best riding lifted 4x4 I've ever owned. For less than half the price it would be an easy decision for me. If you want new UCA's just grab a set of Freedom Offroad from Amazon. for 390.00. They have 3 degrees caster built-in and any "real" alignment shop will be able to get you to 3.8 - 4.0 degrees caster.

I run the FCP stuff. It's the best riding lifted 4x4 I've ever owned. For less than half the price it would be an easy decision for me. If you want new UCA's just grab a set of Freedom Offroad from Amazon. for 390.00. They have 3 degrees caster built-in and any "real" alignment shop will be able to get you to 3.8 - 4.0 degrees caster.
If I was going to buy a “lift kit”, I’d get Dobinsons.
Why dobinsons?

Dobinsons is top flight stuff. If you’re not adding too much weight to your truck I would recommend their progressive rate coils. Really plush ride compared to my buddies Ironman coils.

My suspension is a complete mutt with 3 different manufacturers in there.

I've been happy with the Eibach pro kit. A good medium between stock and OME. I think you can get the shocks and springs for under $600 + Freedom UCA's and Sway Away TB's your in it for $13-1400. Great on road manners, firmed up but not amish buggy "OME".

The "floating" part makes me think you'll be happiest with a set of shocks that include remote reservoirs. Slee obviously sell a set, so do Dobinsons, etc. The extra capacity combined with a lower tire pressure...you'll float. At least as well as a 5-6 (or 7) thousand pound truck can float :cool:

I've got the Dobinsons and I'd never go back to a simpler setup.

AFAIK Dobinsons just released a set for the IFS trucks. Slee's stuff is also great, although I don't have direct experience with their shocks. I haven't had any of the Foamcell Pro shocks either, but from general sentiment here they seem pretty good.

I went with the foam cell pro. Very happy with the ride, but I haven’t tried other brands to compare

Hi team, first post, and what a great site this is. In 2016 we installed Ironman Foam Cell Pros with Dobinsons Springs/Torsion bars, as a 2" lift on our '07 UZJ100. It's been peerless over really bad roads and tracks, yet comfortable enough around Brisbane. Our installer is also a big fan of Dobinsons IMS shocks - he rates them "a bit above" the FC Pro.

Good to know. I think for the price I’m gonna spring for the FCP 2”. But get the slee diff drop for future skid plate

Good to know. I think for the price I’m gonna spring for the FCP 2”. But get the slee diff drop for future skid plate
Save 50 bucks and get a Trail Tailor diff drop. I have ASFIR aluminum skidplates and they bolt up just fine to the TT diff drop.

Save 50 bucks and get a Trail Tailor diff drop. I have ASFIR aluminum skidplates and they bolt up just fine to the TT diff drop.
Any coupon codes for Asfir?

$750 for plates with $300 shipping!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom