SLEE ADS built Shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

Seeing if anyone has insight on Slee badged shocks that are built by ADS. Looking at options for my 70 which is converted to a 79 series front coils, identical to an 80 series style of suspension. So I am looking at various 80 series shock options to use. Slee actually has some in stock, whereas ICON, Kings, Fox are many months out. All are at about the same price point, some have the dampening adjuster, Slee's don't have that.

Any opinions?

I went with Foxs that have remotes and adjustable rebound. I can find the numbers I used for my shocks

On my '97 80 I have Icons with external reservoirs that are adjustable. I haven't messed with them much and the rears are hard to get to to adjust. But I have tried a couple of settings and have yet to find the magic setting combination that allows the truck to comfortably drive over washboard at any speed. Certainly some speeds are less bad than others, but there's no speed that feels 'good'... Additionally, it's never felt firm or stable at highway speeds. I'd go so far as to say that the circa 2002 OME shocks and springs on my '95 actually handled better both on road and off than the Icons. To be fair, the '97 is considerably heavier with its under armor, ARB front bumper and winch, and 4x4 Labs rear bumper and swingouts. Maybe my expectations are just too high, but I'd sure like to be able to drive over washboard without having my fillings fall out.

These are what I bought for the Bruiser. They are not exactly the right shocks but closest I could get with remotes that were Fox. I spent over an hour on the phone with the tech to figure these out. They are form a F250 super duty and had to weld on a perch for the front shocks.

Amazon product ASIN B01EIR6UJK
Amazon product ASIN B01EIR5QJA

Thanks for the feedback

Looks like the 80 series option won;t work either way, they mount the same but are much longer than the 79 series. So I am looking at overseas options where they have 79 series specific shocks. Oh the joys of owning an imported LC...at least they look cool right.

Call Fox and talk to their customer service guys. They can find you a set that is really close and worse comes to worse you take them down to El Cajon and get a custom valving.

Here is what I ended up with, Dobinsons MRR shocks, went with a slightly stiffer coil, and was able to mount up a 2" king air bump in the middle, pretty happy with how it turned out. With the compression at the stiffest setting, body roll on the street is significantly reduced. Excited to see how it performs off road.

IMG_2803.jpg

Nicely done... Looks clean

Looks like you are ready to bomb down trails with Gus with the bump stop setup.

I'm late to the party but I have the Slee ADS 2.5 shocks and love them. They are a true race shock that is rebuildable by anyone (uses standard stacks). After moving to a 2.5 I'm not sure how people run 2.0 in a vehicle as heavy as a 100 series. My backup was Kings.

I was going to go with them, but the length wasn't going to work.

Here is what I ended up with, Dobinsons MRR shocks, went with a slightly stiffer coil, and was able to mount up a 2" king air bump in the middle, pretty happy with how it turned out. With the compression at the stiffest setting, body roll on the street is significantly reduced. Excited to see how it performs off road.

View attachment 2894892

Bump! How are you liking the MRA's after some time/mileage? I'm torn between the ADS and MRA's - seems like a win-win situation. 🤣

Last edited:
I can't speak to how they compare to the SLEE's but I am digging them over the bilsteins and ironman that I ran previously. Price point is reasonable and they look to be well built. I have about 5000miles of mostly off road on them, and I like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom