Slee 6" coils in front with J's in the rear? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I haven't seen this setup, but is it a good option instead of J's up front with a 2" spacer. I have some serious rake, and now that the winch is installed its worse. What say you? Is anyone running Slee 6" up front with J's in the rear?

6" might be too much, call slee and ask. He'd know for sure.

I can answer this one...6" is too much with just Js in the rear. They are VERY different springs. 6" in the rear runs spot on and the heavies are REALLY heavy.

Were the 2"spacers in front a PITA.My 1" spacers were.I think that the 6" would be way too much also.Are you planning to run a custom rear bumper as this will bring the rear down a little.Mine looks super good now w/the rear bump installed,Luke is the man at 4x4 Labs.com.I also want a Warn 12k,too heavy?or should I go for a 9K warn.Also what are you running for caster correction?

On my 91' I have Slee 4" w/25mm spacers in front and J's in the rear. The rigs sit level and rides great. Oh and its for sale too...;)

6" front is way too much unless you want an ass saggy rig, go 4" and maybe a 1" spacer and you'll be shocked at how much better the rig handles.

4" OME Competition Coils for the front end from Cruiser Outfitters are on my to do list, give him a ring.

I figured the 6" would be too much but, I guess thats about as heavy as my front end is gonna get, sounds like slees 4", or OME comp springs may be the way to go.
Although I have the slee front bumpstop in now and would if I had different coils...So wouldn't I get similar travel up front with the new MT spacer since I could remove the bumpstop spacer with that setup? Am I off here...sorry this is my first offroad rig and the learning curve is still a little steep.

6" front is way too much unless you want an ass saggy rig, go 4" and maybe a 1" spacer and you'll be shocked at how much better the rig handles.

Nautique-- you might pm alky above and see if he cares to revise this statement as his sigline shows hes running that setup now. Maybe he can get you a side shot on level ground. I saw it on sunday and it does sit pretty level for being so light, here are a few shots in this
one.

I still stand with my previous comment, although it isnt as bad as I thought it would be. I think OME comp 4-5" springs, or Slee 4" springs would yield better results, I can manage until I can get a pair of rear springs better suited, but with any load the rear is way too saggy.

Whats tuff is I don't want to be swapping springs all the time. Eventually I want to upgrade my rear bumper and put some sliders on. This is gonna change how it sits. Is anyone running slee 4' in the front with J's in the rear? No spacer.

I have OME J in the front and rear... But I have ARB bull bar and I'm going to buy the Warn 16.5ti.

I'm thinking about the OME 4" o 5" for the front and OME 863J in the rear.

What tires do you want to run? If it is just 35's, go for the Slee 4" kit and add a small spacer to level things out if you need one. Mixing and matching spring type and rates from different kits is unlikely to yield a great result.

Whats tuff is I don't want to be swapping springs all the time. Eventually I want to upgrade my rear bumper and put some sliders on. This is gonna change how it sits. Is anyone running slee 4' in the front with J's in the rear? No spacer.

I was EXTREMELY happy with my Slee 4/OME J combo, little higher in the rear than level unladen (completely empty, 1/2 tank gas, no 3rd row seats), pack in enough gear for a day trip and it looks level, pack enough gear for a week trip and it just starts to sag. I only upgraded partially to see if I would need a new driveshaft, but also because I wanted a taller free-height so I wouldn't be puking springs when all flexed out (still do it though, so spring retainers are going to be fabbed).

I will chime in and say that i have medium rear springs with the stock rear bumper, no 3rd row seats and no drawers. So the rear is pretty high. I had the mediums up front with 1 inch spacers. With the bull bar only, it was sagging a bit. WIth that setup i was really having bad handling.

Swapped the front medium/spacer combo with Js the other day. I am amazed at how improved the handling is. I think the spacers were the cause of the ill handling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom