slave cylinder failure, again. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've gone through 3 slave cylinders now since I've owned my '77 FJ (5 years). I can't recall exactly, but I'm almost certain the last two times I've replaced it with the aftermarket ones from ccot because the toyota originals are 3X the price, but now I'm thinking maybe they're worth it.

Any one else have experience with these apparently "temporary" slave cylinders, or better experience using the toyota parts? Or have had good long term outcomes with a different company's aftermarket slaves like this one? Thanks! - Matt

i bought one of there slave cylinders and clutch master cylinders a few years back. the slave made it a little over a year and then became junk. i went with one made by aisin from these guys www.all-foreign.com along with a new master cylinder too. aisin was the original toyota suplier and are made in japan.

Thanks. I put in for a quote from them, and am glad to hear it's not just me who's had issues with the ccot aftermarkets. If I can get a decent price, OEM makes sense, considering that my clutch master looks OEM (might be the original) and is rusted all over, but it has survived 3 slaves.

I noticed Rockauto has several slave cylinders to choose from for all under $30 + ship (Sachs, Beck/Arnley, Brute Power, and ACDelco). If any one has had good long term (or bad short term) experiences with any of these, please let me know. Thanks - Matt

Those clutch slaves are really easy to rebuild, if you start with a good one.

I've tried a few aftermarket brake/clutch m/c's and slaves, w/poor results. For me, Aisins are the only way to go. I usually carry an extra slave in the pocket. You never know when 1's going to go.

spend the money, its not that much more and get the aisin ones and be done with it for years to come.

Thanks for the feedback. Never heard back from all-foreign.com but will pull the trigger on the oem aisin nonetheless.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I was gonna buy a new master/slave kit from CCOT. They were out of stock, so I got the one from SOR. I did not know what brand it was gonna be, but they sent me an Aisin unit. (After reading this thread, I am glad CCOT was out of stock.)

Check SOR's price on a new Aisin slave. I think their big sale starts soon.

Best,

Rigger

I went through two aftermarket cylinders from CCOT in two years. I had my original Toyota one for 16 years. I replaced my third with a Toyota, I've had now it two years with no problems. The extra money is well spent in this situation.

I forgot to check out SOR, but I ended up finding the aisin slave on amazon of all places and it was $30 cheaper than the "toyota" model ccot sells (and free shipping). After reading all the feedback, I'm confident now aisin was the right choice and this should be my last slave install for many years to come. Thanks to all!

I m shopping for this also...whats the part number or store you bought yours from amazon?
thanks for the help ...

i bought one of there slave cylinders and clutch master cylinders a few years back. the slave made it a little over a year and then became junk. i went with one made by aisin from these guys www.all-foreign.com along with a new master cylinder too. aisin was the original toyota suplier and are made in japan.

all-foreign.com has an Aisin slave for your '77 for $30.68. Part # TOY030646 (link is here: AISIN Clutch Slave Cylinder,TOY030646 - All-Foreign Car Parts )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom