Slade KY trip in November? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is anyone interested it going to Slade, KY in November? IN a previous thread Thom from Bluegrass asked when we were coming back down for some wheeling and November sounds good to me. This is nothing definate I'm just seeing if there is any intrest from the rest of the club, and I would have to see if Bluegrass or Rice on the rocks is interested in being our trail guide for the day. We will need some one who knows their way around down there because everything is spread out in different directions.
I'm thinking the weekend of 12 & 13, or possibly the weekend after Thanksgiving. But that is just a sugestion, let me know what works for you.
This is a very sceinic area and the trails are great. AS I said nothing definate yet just checking for the amount of intrest in such a trip.
Mark

Did someone say road trip...?!?!

I am always up for a good road trip! I had a great time on the last visit and wouldn't mind seeing some more of Kentucky. The only question I have is weather. Is camping still a viable option? I believe that I will have Friday off for Veteran's Day, so that weekend is perfect for me. The biggest factor I think is the availability of trail guides from ROR or BC. I think I can remember how to get to some of the trails, but I'm not sure I could find my way back out again!

Clint

Don't know yet if I can make it but I would like to go.Is ther some trails I can take my 80 on don't want to tare it up.

If the campground is still open I will probably camp. Sleeping bag, some blankets and some anti-freeze and I should be OK. The trail leader is a deffinate need, but I wanted to get an idea of how much intrest there is before I sent any thing to Bluegrass or ROR.
Larry the trails we went on were open enough for wagons but there were some places that Jimmy and the other 80 parked and walked down to watch the rest of us.

ROTR Meeting is Thursday. I will pass word there and see if anyone is interested. I know myself and Butch have plans on the first weekend, and on the 12th. E check goes away next year so I think Butch and Myself are not going to have plate till next year anyway.

My plates just expired in Oct. I passed last year, but they may acualy look and see I got no Cat. Butch I don't think ever passed.

Anyone coming?

Is anyone coming down to wheel on the 12th?

If you check out the pictures from our last trip, you can see an 80 and a Lexus wheeling with us, but they both have rocker protection. I wouldn't take a stock 80 on the trails.

Let me know so I can get things organized.

Thom

Thom,
Sorry to leave you hanging, it looks like we will have to pass on the wheeling trip. Just seems to be too busy of a time for most of us.

But we will be at the Badlands on Dec. 3 for the Toys for Tots run, so see if some of your club feels up to a road trip. I just hope its not too cold yet because my top is still in pieces and I dont plan on putting it together untill holiday shutdown. Oh well " Have coveralls will wheel".

Maybe we can line up a early spring run to Slade as a warm up for GSMTR, we have four or five people planning on going in May.
Mark

No problem!

An early spring run sounds good before GSMTR. Maybe mid-April to give us time to repair anything that we tear up. ;)

Have fun at the Badlands.

Thom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom