Skyline Drive trails (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am going to skyline drive for some camping in the beggining of May and I wanted to see if you guys knew of any easy trails in the area?

I just got an 80 and I am in the process of finishing up all the preventative maintenance on it so I am itching to take it out.

Truck is completely stock with street tires, driver is a complete newby :beer::beer::beer:

Any recomendations?

TIA

Peters Mill trail if you want a dirt road or the Stateline trail if you like off camber.

I just did Peters Mill yesterday, it's nice for a little drive in the woods. You don't even need 4-wheel drive most of the way. The only downside to thsi trail (and I think it's a big one) is that it's really rocky. Not difficult rocky, just jarringly uncomfortable rocky. Of course, my springs are 20 years old so maybe your new 80 will soak up some of those bumps. I took my wife, sister, and our 2 year old, and they didn't like the constant rockiness in case you're taking a significant other.

Where on Skyline drive is Peters Mill and Stateline? Near Front Royal or Harrisonburg?

Neither of them are actually on Skyline Drive but are west of Shenandoah NP in George Washington National Forest. Peters Mill is in Edinburg, VA, off of 81 about 25 miles north of Harrisonburg. I'm not sure where State Line is.

To get to the Stateline trail head west on 55 from I-81. As you reach the crest that marks the boundry bewteen VA and WV you see a small sign on the south side of 55. It's a short, off camber trail so be careful.

Did Peter's Mill this weekend and it was fun in my stock 80 with street tires. It is very mild but perfect because I was by myself and it is only the 2nd time I have taken my 80 into rocks and mud.

Are there any planned runs coming up anytime soon? Would love to ride along with someone with more experience and learn some driving tips.

pics coming soon.

You're sort of SOL if you would like to go offroad in your Cruiser down in Shenandoah National Park. Offroading of any motorized vehicle is forbidden.

Last edited:
peter mills

I ride my atv on peter mill trail last month thay had i sign up that stated thay are going to start charging to ride there I don't know how much thay are going to charge and/or if its just atvs.

just some FYI.

there are camp sights on the other end of peter mills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom